Why are they staring? TCH

The song reminds me of Kanda. Its called Lost it all by Black Veil Brides.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They didn't need to stare. Yes Kanda was holding the Rin's hand but so what. Yes it was out of character, but Kanda wasn't heartless. Currently he was trying to explain how a tree grew. He remembered the first time he saw a tree. After leaving the bloody lab nine years ago, him and Marrie had somehow found their way out. He remembered the bright blue sky that were the same color as Alma's eyes. He remembered crying for the second to last time. The blind exorcist had tried to comfort him. He remembered the trees and grass and the flowers. He remembered feeling complete awe at how big the world was.

Now Rin was experiencing those emotions. Kanda had quickly learned when the boy asked 'where' he actually meant what. Kanda tried to explain stuff to him but his attention was kept for very long because he quickly found a new wonder. He would calm down later and Kanda would be able to explain more.

The boy fell silent suddenly and Kanda glanced down to see the boy puffing out clouds of water vapor into the cold air. He looked shocked. Kanda almost smiled. He noticed the boy was starting to slow down and breathing harder. Kanda crouched down and picked up the boy to give a piggyback ride. One of the over sized boots fell of his foot and Kanda put the boy back down to replace the boot and tied it on with a rope he found in his pack.

The two idiots caught up.

"Allen, Jonney."

"Yeah that's right Rin." Allen smiled. Kanda picked him up again, and the Moyashi once more looked shocked.

"Careful Moyashi your face might stick like that."

"Shut up."

"It really sick like that?"

"No Rin it won't stick like that."

"Oh. Yuu what is that?"

Their conversation continued like that until they reached a small town a little before sunset. As the entered, they saw a small inn to their left and a restaurant.

"Food!" Allen moaned

"We should try the inn. Just in case they haven't heard of us." Jonney said. "Kanda and Rin should check out the inn and me and Allen can go buy food."

Kanda raised an eyebrow. Jonney was obviously hoping that the kid would get them some brownie points with the inn keeper. "Fine." Kanda set Rin down and took his hand as he head for the inn.

As they entered the inn a older woman looked up from the welcome desk.

"Can I help you?" Then her eyes landed on Rin and her heart melted. "Do you need a room for the night? We only have one available right now. Will that be okay."

"One room?" Then Kanda thought about the sleeping arrangements from last night. "That will be perfect."

"Are you one of those excorsicts that have been making their way through Ireland?"

"Umm, yeah."

"That's okay. If you have to fight something just go to the inn at the other side of town and destroy our competition okay." Kanda sweatdropped.

"I'm kidding. Do you want clothes for him?" She walked around the counter and knelt down in front of Rin. "My son recently left for college, but I still have his clothes from awhile ago that would fit him much better."

"Yeah that would be great." Kanda glanced down to see the boy swimming in Kanda's clothes.

"Alright I'll bring them by later. Your room will be Number 11."

Kanda walked back to the door to see if Moyashi and Glasses were out yet. They were so he wave them over and then headed down to their room with Rin following close behind.

The room was small with two beds and a couch. Rin wandered around looking at the furniture. He was especially interested in the painting hanging above one of the beds. Kanda remembered the pictures he had carved on his prison walls.

Allen and Jonney walked in carrying several take out bags of food. They sat down on one of the beds and started handing out the food. Allen had gotten a trash bag filled with everything on the menu. Jonney had gotten steak and salad. Kanda had gotten ramen (it was not as good as the soba at the order) and Rin had gotten soup and a piece of bread. After they finished eating, Rin fell asleep on Kanda's lab.

"Why are you so kind to him?" Allen questioned gently.

"Because I used to be him."