Chapter 11

((Mitch's POV))

Once Jerome had disappeared from my vision with the principal, I almost immediately began to feel anxious again. It felt as if I had glares boring into the back of my head, the experience really quite unpleasant. As I made my way to the office, I played with my fingertips, an action that had always seemed to soothe me.

Once outside the office, I took a seat on one of the plump chairs and let out a wince as I did so. The hard, plastic back was digging into my own, pressing against both fresh and old bruises.

To be honest, my body was a complete and utter mess. It was something I'd never shown anyone except for the nurse. Not even my parents had seen my body since I was about 13.

It was beginning to take over my life, all of the bruises that covered me. I found myself unable to do the activity I used to love - swimming. Whenever my family went out, I was forced to stay at home, unable to bring myself to the point at which I was comfortable with showing them the marks that coated me.

They'd grown to be a part of me, though; a part of me that I hated but had to deal with. I wonder what Jerome would have to say if he saw the rest of my bruises..

I was cut off by my thoughts as the door clicked open, Jerome walking outside with an anxious look. His gaze sson landed on me, a slight smile creeping onto his lips. "Mitch, he wants to see you." He murmured softly, gesturing inside of the office.

I decided not to question any thing, nodding as I stood up. "Would you like me to come inside wth you?" He asked to which I nodded again. "I promise that you're not in trouble." He assured, fingertips brushing over mine and causing my breath to hitch.

I desparately craved to hold his hand, feel the warmth of his palm on mine. Yes, I may have been fantasising but at this moment I really didn't care. "Hey, it's okay." He cooed; only then did I notice that I was in fact crying, tears dribbling down my cheeks. The pad of his thumb soon swiped them away, his hand cupping my cheek as he did so.

A look of realisation crossed his expression briefly, causing him to quickly remove his hand. "Sorry." He mumbled, rubbing his neck. "Let's go inside." I followed him into the musty office, the principal flashing me a warm smile.

"Please, take a seat, Mitchell." He encouraged. I nodded hurriedly, sitting down on one of the padded seats, Jerome taking a seat on the one beside me. The principal took off his glasses and wiped them with his sleeve before putting them back on.

He clapsed his hands, setting them down on his admittedly well-organised desk. "Now, Mitchell, I hear from Jerome that you've been having a few issues in school with some of our pupils." I remained utterly silent. "Is that correct?" He pressed.

"It's okay, Mitch." Jerome whispered, reaching over to rub my shoulder.

"If you tell me the truth, Mitchell, I can stop it from happening." The principal assured.

After a minute or so, I finally snapped, letting out a feeble whimper before nodding. "You two may leave." The principal dismissed us as I began to tear up. "Take Mitchell home, Jerome." He added as Jerome led me out of the office.

It was then that I broke down into tears, Jerome pulling me into a secure embrace and allowing me to nuzzle into his neck. I felt secure, safe with just the two of us stood there, his arms wound around me. Unfortunately, I knew he'd want to let go eventually. "Let's get you home, Mitch." He whispered.

I finally updated for you guys :3
I hope this chapter is of an acceptable standard!

QOTD: What's your favourite colour? Mine ish purple c:

PEACE OUT DOODS! \(ouo)/