Chapter 14

Viridian City, Kanto Region

Ash couldn't believe that he and his friends were back in the Kanto region...yet alone the first city he was ever in during his travels. Remembering when Pikachu was in medical danger the day after his first day, Ash petted Pikachu with much love.

Misty remembered that too, remembering how pissed off at Ash she was for frying her bike without knowing. To this day, she couldn't believe that Ash really saw Ho-oh. No one did. Well, Morty from Ecruteak City, Johto did. He didn't really believe Ash at first but after Ash helped save the crystal bells, he quickly changed his mind. Ash mused, 'A lot has changed since then.'

...

-Flashback-

Ash, just getting his first Pokémon: Pikachu, were not getting along. So Ash was dragging Pikachu along with a leash and rubber gloves. Ash wishes they could be friends, but Pikachu acts very aloof and openly shows his distrust of him.

Ash thought, 'Did Dad have to go through this too? Guess I'll never know.' Anyways, Ash wants Pikachu to stay in the Pokeball, like the Pokedex says, but Pikachu shows that not all Pokémon like to stay in a Pokeball. So Ash takes the leash off of him in hopes of gaining his trust but all he gains is Pikachu running up a tree. Ash thought, 'Dad would be so disappointed...'

Just then, a Pidgey interrupts them and Ash tries to catch it by throwing a Pokeball at it. However, it breaks out, and the pokédex informs Ash that most trainers use their own Pokémon to weaken wild ones for capture.

With Pikachu being uncooperative, Ash has to tries to fight the Pidgey, but is easily beaten by a Gust. Both the Pokedex and Pikachu believe that Ash will never become a Pokémon master.

In his frustration, Ash throws a rock at some Pidgeys. Ash thought miserably, 'I'll never be like Dad...' Unfortunately, while Ash is throwing rocks, he hits a Spearow who starts attacking them.

Pikachu shocks it, which causes it to alert a whole flock of Spearows who begin pecking at Pikachu. Ash grabs the badly hurt Pikachu and is forced to dive down a waterfall to escape the flock. He is fished out, however, by a young girl named Misty. She tells him to get Pikachu to the Pokémon Center in Viridian City.

Storm clouds gather as the flock finds them and Ash takes Misty's bike in order to get away, promising to return it some day. Unfortunately, he crashes it as the rain pours down, and both him and Pikachu are vulnerable. Ash asks Pikachu to get inside the poke ball so that it will be safe.

Ash breathed, "After that, after that just trust me."

The young boy thought, 'This is it, Dad. I'm sorry I failed you...' That's when Ash offers his own body for the Spearow's in order to protect Pikachu.

Pikachu sees the care Ash has and gains enough strength to perform a devastating Thunder attack which drives the Spearow's away and destroys everything in the nearby vicinity (including the bike). As the rains part and the sun comes out, a weakened Pikachu and surprised Ash realize they won. Just then, a mysterious golden bird flies over the rainbow to which the Pokedex informs Ash that there are many unidentified Pokémon in the world...

-End of Flashback-

...

Viridian City, Kanto Region

Misty held Ash's hand while he was travelling down memory lane. Ash smiled at her slightly but Misty knew that he was in much thought. Misty thought, 'With good reason. We don't know what's happening here and we can't find out until we land somewhere. He's probably also thinking about avenging his father. Hopefully, the worst won't happen...'

Brock looked over at Ash and saw that he was in much thought. He also saw Misty was a bit worried. Erika, Gary, Ritchie, Barry, Paul, Ranee, Dawn, and Kenny saw this as well. Erika's hair blew in the wind as she looked over at Gary.

Erika asked, "Do you remember what you said once about this town being totally evil?"

Gary answered, "Yeah but that was when we were kids. I never thought that I would be right."

Ritchie stated, "Looks like you are."

Barry questioned, being calm for once, "What in the Distortion World are we gonna do?"

Dawn explained, "The only thing we can. We make it up as we go along."

Kenny shook his head and commented, "Bad idea. We could get caught and then we wouldn't be able to do this."

Paul asked, "So what do we do?"

Ranee answered, "I say we get some costumes and go into their headquarters as them."

That's when Ash remembered, "Duplica..."

Misty perked up and questioned, "You think she can help?"

Brock stated, "It's a worth a try, Misty. She can help us better than anyone."

Ash took out his Pokegear, scrolling through his contacts.

...

Nuvema Town, Unova Region

A blonde 16 year old girl was walking around her hometown, rather bored. She was wearing a white dress with an orange vest on, a green hat on her head, a green bag on her left shoulder, orange stockings, and yellow shoes.

Her name was Bianca Bel and she was with a new friend of hers. The girl next to her was also 16 years old, had long dirty blue hair pulled back in pigtails, brown eyes, wearing a red shirt with a yellow star on it, and brown pants with black shoes. Her name was Duplica Imite. Bianca smiled at her and all of the sudden, Duplica's Pokegear started to ring.

Bianca stated, "Sounds like someone is calling you."

Duplica replied, "Noticed."

Duplica then flipped open her Pokegear and saw the one person that she thought that she would never see again: Ash Ketchum.

...

Wishmaker1028: Yes, I'm including Hypershipping into this plus pairing Ritchie with Duplica was just random (Random Shipping, haha!) Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!