Chapter 5

In the middle of the ocean

Erika was enjoying the sunshine, sitting on the sky deck of the ship, enjoying the sunshine. Right next to her was the ship's pool. Misty was taking a swim in it and surfaced.

She asked, "Wanna join me, Erika?"

Erika shook her head and answered, "No thanks, I'm working on my tan."

Just then, Juan from Sootopolis City came over, noticing Erika.

Juan greeted, "Erika, good to see you."

Erika perked up, saw Juan, and smiled at him.

She gushed, "Oh, Juan! I didn't know you were here too."

Misty got out of the pool and asked, "Juan?"

Erika explained, "Yeah, he runs the gym in Sootopolis City, Hoenn." Erika started to introduce, "Juan, this is..."

Juan interrupted, "Misty Waterflower, the Cerulean City gym leader from Kanto." He offered his hand and added, "Pleased to meet you."

Misty shook his hand as she responded, "Pleased to meet you as well." She paused for a moment before asking, "But you know me?"

Juan told her, "The Cerulean City gym is famous for their water shows. I went to one as a kid and it inspired me so."

Erika stated, "Juan also does water shows."

Misty gushed, "I would love to see one."

Juan told them, "Well, we are going to perform one at the Water Festival but I will show you a combination I've been working on. Follow me."

With that, Juan took the lead as the two girls followed, Misty toweling herself dry. She couldn't believe that she was actually going to see more Hoenn Pokémon. Misty giggled as she thought, 'Maybe I can finally see a Milotic.' Erika saw that Misty was getting excited and she understood why, Juan was pretty impressive. Erika smiled and thought, 'She'll freak at Juan's star Pokémon.' The three of them found themselves in a bigger pool.

Misty gushed as she stated, "This is just amazing!"

Erika replied, "Yeah, this pool is very huge!"

Juan responded, "This is where my friend and I train."

Juan threw his Pokeball into the water, making it shine. That's when a twister appeared in front of them, destroying itself, making water drops. There - in the middle - was Juan's star Pokémon, Milotic. Misty squealed in delight.

Juan smiled as he commanded, "Use Safeguard!"

Milotic's body started to glow a green color as did the water drops.

Juan commanded, "Now use Water Pulse."

Milotic fired the blue attack, destroying the rain drops, making green and blue rain. Juan seemed displeased by this. Erika looked at Juan.

She asked, "Juan, what's the matter?"

He explained, "While the combination is good, we have trouble finishing it off."

The Cerulean City gym leader looked at Milotic, who looked just as confused as its trainer. That's when she had an idea. Grabbing a Pokeball from her Pokeball, she threw it in the water. The water glowed and out popped her Gyarados. Gyarados roared as Juan looked at Misty.

She stated, "Battle us and we can figure something out."

Juan was surprised by this as was Erika. Erika thought, 'Misty defiantly has her own style.'