Chapter 5.

As I walk down the steps of the building, I wrap my arms tightly around myself and I start to shiver slightly. Lauren sees me coming down the steps and she runs up in her bare feet. 

"Where are y-your shoes?" I ask through numb, shaking lips.

She holds up her hand to show me her shoes and grins at me. 

"I took them off, the damn high heels were killing my feet." she grumbles while putting her other arm around me. "God you are freezing, didn't you bring a coat with you?" she continues with a frown.

I shake my head as we walk away from the stairs and towards the circle made up of our parents and friends. We reach the circle and I stand next to Dad, leaning against him. He looks down at me and smirks.

"You forgot a jacket, didn't you?"

I nod my head and snuggle deeper into him. He wraps his arm around me and I instantly feel warmer. Abby walks over to me and links her arm through mine. 

"Yes Abby?" I mumble into Dad's jumper.

"I'm leaving now." she states.

I lift Dad's arm off me and wrap my arms around Abby. She hugs me back tightly and when she pulls away, I can see tears in her eyes. 

"W-Why do you have t-tears in your e-eyes?" I ask shakily.

Abby quickly wipes her eyes and the expression she has on her face is a sad one. 

"We have to promise each other that we will stay in touch, no matter what." she says quietly.

"Of course!" I exclaim through my numb lips. 

Abby and I hug again, and we go and stand with the others. Lauren looks over at me and laughs.

"Oh my god, you look bloody hilarious!" she says through fits of laughter.

I narrow my eyes at her and she just laughs harder. I shake my head at her and Lilly looks at me sympathetically. I smile back at her, and as I go to say something, Danica's Mum walks over.

"Ok, sorry to break up the party girls but I am going to have to steal Danica away. It's way past her Dad's bed time." she says through a grin.

We all start laughing and Jo cracks a smile.

"We'll be in the car love." she says before walking away.

Danica stops laughing and turns to look at the rest of us.

"We all have to promise right now that we will all stay in touch, Ok?" she murmurs in to the cold night air.

Eruptions of 'yeahs' and 'definitelys' come from us four girls and Danica nods her head. 

"Good, group hugs?" she asks, as if we will object.

We all nod and embrace each other tightly. We all never realized how important school was, and now it's finished for us, it's going to be harder to meet up.

We are all so close, but yet, it already feels like we are going in our own different directions. This friendship means so much to me, these girls are like the sisters I never had and I wouldn't trade them for anything. There isn't a day that passes where I don't thank the universe for giving me such great, beautiful friends, they are the best friends anyone could ask for, and no one could ever replace them.

We all eventually pull away from the hug and each and every one of us has tears running down our faces. 

"I'll miss you guys so much." Danica says through a sob. 

We all nod and sob quietly. This is harder than we expected. 

"Well I better go." Danica says softly.