Chapter 10.5

A/N: *Cautiously pokes head out from under a pile of essays* H-hi guys, I know I've been MIA for a while, and I'm really sor- *gets attacked by a hoard of angry readers*

Notice: Due to the sudden death of the author, the update of the new chapter will be delayed.

I'm really sorry guys, I actually wanted to update chapter 11 today, but first year of university has killed me mentally (and financially), so I didn't have time to write anything until now. As an apology, I've decided to post a special chapter first^^ A lot of you were curious about Shizune's past, so I've decided to write a chapter about it. Also, don't worry, the characters of Bungou Stray Dogs that you all know and love will appear:)

As for chapter 11, I'll post it in a few days, so for now, please enjoy chapter 10.5 (and thank you all for being so patient)!

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, all other characters belong to Kafka Asagiri.

***

In a crowded street somewhere in Yokohama, people hurriedly rushed past each other, going about their daily business. Suddenly, in a small store on the corner of the street, a terrifying scream could be heard.

"CHHOOOCOLLAEEETTTEESSSS!"

With a loud and desperate screech, a young girl shoved through the crowd of people and pounced on a table stacked with boxes of free samples.

Ok, I have exactly 5 minutes before they call the police, she thought, thats enough time to grab 30.42 boxes. So I'll take that and that and that and...

After shoving as many boxes as she could carry into a bag, the girl spun around and sprinted out of the store.

"Yes, I made it! I'm free! I-" She yelped as she felt someone grab her by the collar, and she stumbled to a halt.

"What do you think you're doing?" a voice behind her snapped.

She turned around and came face-to-face with a boy about her age, who was glaring at her.

"...um, I no speak Japanese?" she said hopefully. "Please be nice to foreigner-san?"

The boy scowled. "You just spoke Japanese a minute ago!"

...crap, she thought.

"Well, the chocolates were free samples!" she said defensively. "Just because I took a few extra boxes doesn't mean I did anything wrong! I have a family to feed! We have taxes to pay!"

He stared at her in disbelief. "You look the same age as me. You can't be older than twelve."

"..."

She spun around and started running again, but the boy immediately grabbed her.

How is he so fast? she thought, frowning. I know I'm carrying 30.42 boxes of chocolates, but still, most people wouldn't be able to catch up with me.

"Look, just give me one box." The boy sighed. "My...friend...asked me to get him a sample."

She narrowed her eyes. "Fine. Just one."

Reaching into her bag, she tossed him a box, then turned around...only to be grabbed by the collar again.

"Stop doing that!" she snapped. "I gave you a box! What else do you want? My clothes? My money? My soul?"