Chapter 9

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry for being MIA for so long. I've been procrastinating like crazy for the past few weeks, so all I've been doing in my free time is eating crackers and sleeping...wow, I'm starting to sound like Shizune0_0 Anyways, enjoy!

Also, in the future, if you guys don't see an update for a long time, don't worry (it just means that I'm being lazy). I definitely won't abandon this story^^

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, all other characters belong to Kafka Asagiri.

***

"If you agree, I'll buy you dinner for the rest of this month," he said.

"...deal."

I'm going to regret this so much, Shizune thought.

Dazai smiled. "Great! I want you to steal a letter from the leader of the Guild. He always carries it with him, so you'll have to be careful."

"Um, do I have to travel to North America and find him?" she asked. "I'm kinda broke right now, so I can't really afford a plane ticket..."

"No, he'll come here soon," Dazai replied.

He turned around and started walking back to the agency while Shizune slowly trailed after him, lost in her thoughts. On the way back, she bumped into six people, walked into three poles, and nearly fell headfirst into a trashcan.

(A/N: Yeah, I have no idea how that last one happened either.)

For the rest of the day, she walked around the agency in a daze while trying to think of a way to steal the letter.

Ok, I'll ask Frank out to dinner, Shizune decided. While he's focused on eating, I'll throw my hamburger at him, knock him out, and steal the letter before he wakes up. Satisfied with her brilliant plan, she went into her room and immediately fell asleep.

***

The next morning, she dragged herself out of bed and headed to work, still going over her brilliant plan in her mind. Yawning, she stumbled across the hall and opened the door to the office.

"Good mo-" Shizune stopped abruptly and glanced around the room.

Oops, this isn't the office, she realized. She was about to leave when she heard footsteps approaching. Panicking, Shizune dived under a table in the center of the room and held her breath.

She peeked out and saw two men enter the room, followed by several other people. One man's hair was silver while the other's was blond. Immediately, she recognized them as the President and the leader of the Guild.

Wait, Frank's already here? Should I steal the letter from him right now? Shizune thought. Oh, but I really want to throw a hamburger at him... While she was having a mental battle with herself, the two men sat down at the table and the other people stood in a half circle behind them. She heard Fitzgerald ask (or rather demand) to buy the agency, but the President immediately refused.

Ok, it's now or never, Shizune thought.

Taking a deep breath, she jumped out from under the table and brushed herself off.