Chapter 10

A/N: Hi guys! I finally decided to stop being lazy and update this story. For some reason, this chapter ended up being really long...oh well^^

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, all other characters belong to Kafka Asagiri.

***

Suddenly, Shizune felt something cold being pressed against her temple.

"Move and I'll shoot," said a voice from behind her.

...well crap, she thought.

"Turn around slowly," the voice ordered. "Keep your hands where I can see them."

Suddenly, Shizune felt an overwhelming urge to sneeze. Ok, this is definitely not the right time to sneeze, she thought. Think non-sneezing thoughts, Shizune! Be at peace with your inner nose! She raised her hands and turned around while making various weird faces, trying to hold back her sneeze. The person -a man who looked like he was in his early thirties- frowned in confusion at her expressions.

"Don't try anything funny," he warned.

No, I refuse to get shot because of something this ridiculous, Shizune thought firmly. I will not die in such a -OH GOD THAT'S IT I CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMO-

"ACHOO!" she sneezed violently.

The man yelled in shock and stumbled backwards. His shot completely missed her and the bullet lodged itself into a wall.

"Sorry about that," she mumbled, "please continue."

He gripped his earpiece and quickly spoke into it. "Akutagawa-san, I found the target."

"What? No you didn't." Shizune frowned. "I'm definitely not a target. Go find someone else!"

The man ignored her and listened intently to his earpiece.

"Yes sir." He nodded. "Permission to kill?"

"Huh? No! No permission to kill!" she said frantically.

The man pulled out a knife and advanced towards her. Taking a deep breath, Shizune clenched her fists and got ready to fight him with her super awesome nonexistent kung-fu skills.

Unfortunately, at that moment, she felt another sneeze coming.

"Oh, you've got to be kid -ACHOO!" she sneezed even more violently than before, and stumbled backwards from the force of it.

The man flinched and nearly dropped his knife.

"Stop doing that!" He glared at her.

"Well excuse me -ACHOO- for sneezing -ACHOO- while you're trying to kill me!" she snapped, rubbing her nose.

Ugh, I think my allergies are acting up. Shizune frowned. ...what am I allergic to again?

The man lunged towards her, but before she could even think to dodge, a person appeared out of nowhere and punched him straight in the face. The man flew backwards with incredible force and slammed into a wall, which immediately knocked him out. The person turned around and looked at Shizune worriedly.