1| Long time, no see

[Last edit: 11/1/2015] I hope you’ll all enjoy the revised first chapter. Moving on to the next~

~~~~~~~

- Chapter 1 -

Long time, no see

Satsuki entered the school where the Inter High was taking place and took a seat next to the few people who were watching the match. However,, the fans were cheering up Aobajousai High School-- only two people besides her were calling for Karasuno's name. When she arrived, the second set had just finished. Now, the third set had began and she was watching it with her eyes utterly glued at the Karasuno team.

Their movements, their syncing teamwork, their physical strength as a team. . . Everything was a picture perfect of the team she was wishing for every single day. She sighed mentally at the remembrance of playing volleyball; she had been away from it at least one month now and her strong urge to grab a ball and begin passing it to anyone was stronger than her own will. But as she well knew, she had to restrain herself from making a bad first impression to her future classmates. Instead of thinking anymore of it, she turned her attention back to the game.

Their libero is a good one. . . And the short spiker is the kid I saw before. Such a jumping power. . . As for the setter. . . Tobio, Satsuki thought to herself and recalled the last time she had lastly seen him. It was actually two years ago, on the TV. The sight of her childhood friend had reminded her her previous life in the old neighborhood and being a stubborn one, she had pleased her parents enough with her academic achievements to take the decision and move back in their old house.

The match continued with both teams taking the lead with each spike and block and it seemed like the game wasn't going to be finished until the end of the day. Aobajousai High School was fighting with everything in the line but Karasuno wasn't  giving up either. "Amazing. . .", Satsuki mumbled as the match had a tie- the score being 24-24.

The two persons besides her became more hot-blooded and cheered louder for Karasuno High School; after all it was amazing that they resisted against the attacks of the other team and refused to lose at any cost. A sheepish smile appeared on her face and started cheering as loudly as her own voice could handle it, gaining the determined smile of the other supporters. The girl was wishing and hoping for the victory of Karasuno in this match because all this time, she had been “stalking” their team. Not following them around, just searching up for some additive information in her knowledge about the new-formed team.

The two teams kept up with their steady pace, scoring one point after another. And then, the critical moment of the match arrived and the next two seconds were displayed in Satsuki’s eyes before they could even happen. If the blockers weren't there, if the receiver of the Aobajousai hadn't received the ball, if Aobajousai hadn't make the strike, if Kageyama was one millimeter front. . . Karasuno would have gained a clear victory.. But, the things didn't turn out as they were expected. The ball hit the ground right in front of the now hopeless eyes of Kageyama and Hinata, leaving them startled as well as the rest of the team. Their devastating loss made the opponents cheer loudly for their own victory while the amazing duo was sitting on the floor, sulking.

Satsuki and the two guys besides her were equally shocked as their breaths hitched in their throats and the only thing they could feel was the small burning sensation in their lungs from the shouting. The girl’s hands fell to her sides as she bit her bottom lip; it had vanished. Their ticket to achieve a thriving victory with their enhanced performances had vanished in thin air by one mistake.

Hinata and Kageyama finally stood up unwillingly, barely making it to the line for the end of the game. The two teams bowed at each other, Karasuno giving off a depressing vibe and looking like the members were ready to break down, "Thank you for the game!"