Chapter 6

Sidnee's POV

The boys agreed to not tell anyone what happened in the alley way as long as I didn't crash the car.  Which I didn't, thank god!  It took us a long time though.  30 minutes for a fifteen-minute drive.  I was too scared to turn the car if there was a car coming in my direction, but in my defense I was still on my learners permit.

The drive home consisted of me stopping a lot in confusion, Steve yelling every time I did so, Soda yelling at Steve to shut up, and me screaming at both of them to shut up so I could concentrate.  When we did get back to the Curtis household, Steve practically jumped out of the car and kissed the ground, Soda and I both rolled our eyes at him.

The three of us made our way inside into the house to find it empty.  This was highly unusual as there was always someone home; it's not very often that everyone in the gang was busy with his or her lives.

Steve immediately ran and jumped onto the sofa, taking up all of the space so Soda or I wouldn't be able to sit down also.  He rested his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

Soda walked into the kitchen and came back inside with three cans of Pepsi, one for each of us.  He threw one to me and I surprisingly caught it.  I sent a small smile towards him to say thank you before opening the can and taking a gulp.

"Steve how many times do I have to tell you?" Soda yelled at him as he pushed his feet off of the sofa so he could sit down, a hint of a smile on his face. "Don't be a damned couch hog!"

Steve sent him a glare before sitting up better and taking the extra Pepsi can from Soda's hands.

"How's life been treating ya' Sidnee?" Steve asked once he had taken a giant gulp from his can. 

I shrugged and swallowed a mouthful of the drink.  "Alright I guess, my friends, the twins you met, and a couple of other girls convinced me to go out last night for my birthday, quite eventful."

Steve nodded but Soda leaned forward, looking slightly too curious.

"What do you mean by eventful?"  He asked.

"Ever been drinking with Dally?" I asked, not wanting to go too much into detail about our night.  Steve nodded but Soda shook his head.  "Well I guess you're not the only one in the room who has then."

Steve laughed but Soda sat there looking slightly confused about the situation.

"But you hate Dally, why would you ever hang out with him willingly?" Soda asked.

I laughed and shook my head at him.  "I was only joking Soda, but he was there, I just uhh... avoided him for the night."  I said, stumbling over my lie a little bit.

"That makes more sense, I was beginning to think something crazy happened last night and you two suddenly became the best of friends." He said, leaning back into his seat with an amused smile on his face.

"Yeah... nothing happened at all, you must be the one going crazy." I said, my voice becoming a lot quieter.

Both of the guys shrugged my weird actions off by turning on the TV and surfing through the few channels there were. 

We were sat there bored out of our minds for around about ten minutes before someone barged through the door, footsteps followed behind them.  I turned to see Jenny walk in with Ponyboy.  The two of them were laughing at something. 

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" Soda asked them.  They turned to look at us before bursting into laughter again.

"What, do I have something on my face?" He asked.  Soda raised his hand to his face and began to feel for something that shouldn't be there.