Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Gif to the side of Eliza Bennett who plays Kelly ~~~>

"Sidnee, we know something's wrong, please tell us?" Mary-Anne whined; this was the tenth time she had asked me today.

"Nothing is wrong, I've told you both before and I don't want to have to tell you again, okay?"  I replied; making sure that both of the girls in front of me knew I was beginning to grow annoyed with them.

"Just drop it now Mary-Anne, Sidnee will tell us when she feels it's the right time, right Sidnee?" Kelly compromised.

"Sure, but there's nothing to tell considering there's nothing wrong with me," I replied as I stood up from my chair and making my way out of the cafeteria and towards my chemistry class.

Its been eight whole days since the kiss, eight days since I've seen Dallas Winston, four days ago was my last conversation with the twins, and the last time I saw anyone from the gang was two days ago when I saw Ponyboy before quickly running away from him and around the corner.  I know what I'm doing. I'm running away from my problems hoping that if I can stay away long enough they'll eventually just fade away and be forgotten.  There isn't a single doubt in my mind that the entire gang knows about what happened, except for Darry, he tends to stay out of things like that and probably wouldn't give a single crap about the situation if he did know.

I sat down in my seat in chemistry; well I guess you could say it was my new seat now.  This seat was right at the front smack-bang in the center, I used to sit in the back with Stella so we'd be able to talk and laugh the entire time, now I actually focus and get my work done, which is a good thing, it's also what Dally told me to do.

The bell signaling the start of class rang as soon as I sat down and almost immediately people started piling into the room, including Stella who glanced over at me as she entered before making her way to the empty seat next to me.  I mentally cursed the fact that the girl that usually sat next to me was late.  As she sat down she didn't look at me, instead she just stared straight ahead and pulled out her books and pencil case, this was odd considering Stella doesn't even bother to do any work unless she's in art class. 

The teacher walked into the room a few seconds later and began the class.  Through out the time the teacher was talking I managed to ignore the fact that Stella was right next to me by taking notes and pretending I hadn't noticed her sitting there at all.  About thirty minutes into the class the teacher excused herself to go and get some papers from her office, saying she'd be only ten minutes and in that time she wants us to complete some tasks on the board.

Surprisingly almost the entire class stayed silent and started to do the work left on the board, the only exception being Stella of course.

"Sidnee?"

I pretended that I hadn't heard her and continued to do my work.

"Fine then, I'll just be the one to talk then," She was silent for a few seconds as if she expected me to interrupt her. "Why haven't you been talking to us? We hardly see you at all Sidnee and Cammy and I both have no idea what we have done that was so wrong that you'd stop talking to us.  If it's because of what happened last week why are you punishing us for it?"

She stopped talking and I had to make sure that my hair was blocking my face from her view because otherwise I wouldn't be able to handle the judgmental stares that I knew she was sending my way.  I would cave in immediately.

I heard her sigh as she realized I wasn't going to reply.

"Dally won't talk to anyone either, I don't think I've seen him sober in five days Sidnee, five days.  He just shows up at the house completely hammered and falls asleep on the couch.  You've both gone completely off the radar and no one knows why, but I have a feeling you do."