Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Sidnee's POV

After spending the night at the Curtis household and having to rush home before my mom could get up for work I was finally tucked up in my own bed. Not for long though. My alarm clock rang out only thirty minutes later telling me it was time to get my ass up and get ready for school. I quickly sat up and got out of my bed, getting it over and done with as I had a lot to get done today. First on my list was apologise to Stella. Cammy said she would make sure Stella actually went instead of bunking off like she usually would. Next I had to track down Ponyboy and talk to him, I really wanted to apologise to him and Johnny for being a bitch when they weren't even involved to start with.

Surprisingly I didn't have a hangover. I guess that's due to the fact that when we got home last night Soda forced Cammy and I to have some food and water before going straight to sleep. Darry had woken me up around six and gave me a ride home because it was on his way to work. At first I just told him I was okay and would walk but he insisted because "your education is more important than hooking up with Dally," I hit him for that comment.

Speaking of the tool, I hadn't seen him since last night. He left before I got up so I never got a chance to even see him in the morning which I still wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or not. In record time I was ready for school and waiting for the bus on the corner of my street. I was quite early so I took a seat on the wooden bench on the side of the road. I pulled the book that we were reading in class out of my bag and decided to get started on it. Fifteen minutes later I was still the only one at the stop, I wasn't sure why I was alone considering the bus would be due in ten minutes time. I suddenly heard a car pull up in front of me, I looked up to see Dally in a car that wasn't his with a smirk gracing his face.

"Want a ride?"

"No thanks, I'm good." I replied, diverting my attention back to the book.

"Just get in the car and I'll take you to that hell-hole, the bus is a piece of crap anyway why would you want to go on it?"

"Because I can't drive and I can't be bothered walking there, just go Dally." I grumbled, not bothering to look up.

"Sidnee, I'm being nice and that doesn't happen a lot, just get in the car." I looked up at him for a few seconds, contemplating the idea. If I went with him it would mean I wouldn't have to sit on a bus with all of the rowdy freshmen. On the other hand it would also mean I'd have to deal with his terrible driving and thats something I can't handle.

"Fine, on one condition." I sighed getting up from the seat and swinging my rucksack over my shoulder.

"And what's that?"

"You drive like a civilised human being and not a hyper active fifteen year old who doesn't know the different between the left and right side of the road."

"Alright then just get in." He laughed, pushing open the door for me from his seat in the car. I quickly got in and shut the door behind me and we immediately sped off.

"Winston, if you go any faster I'm gonna get whiplash." I complained as we pulled up outside the school.

"Harrison, if you complain once more about my driving I'll make sure you get it." I rolled my eyes and picked my bag up off of the floor and swung it over my shoulder.

"Well thanks for the ride, I would say I owe you one but I'm sure you'll make sure you get something out of this."

"You know me too well," I raised his hands in mock surrender as I got out of the car. "I'll see ya' later Sid."