Quidditch

Gabrielle woke up, expecting to see Annalise shaking her awake. Instead the girl's dorm was deserted. She hurried out of the room and slid down the slide to bang smack into Annie. "Wow! You woke up by yourself! At eight thirty too!" Said Annalise, giving her a sarcastic pat on the head. She dragged Gabrielle over to a notice on the wall.

Quidditch try outs are being held at the quidditch pitch on Saturday morning. First years are allowed to join the house teams but not the school team.

"Quidditch try outs!" Squealed Annalise, spinning round in circles."I'm gonna try for keeper" said Gabrielle, turning to her best friend, "what position are you interested in?" Asked Gabi, turning to Annalise expectantly. "Well.....I'm afraid of heights so I think I would prefer to just watch" Explained Annie. Gabrielle wrote her name on the cream coloured parchment. "I'll cheer you on when you make the team!" Said Annie enthusiastically. "I don't know quidditch well though, I've only played keeper twice, I'm gonna need a place to practice...."

Annalise slumped onto the desk, with a thud. "Annie!" Whispered Gabrielle, peering down at Annalise's brew. It was a bright blue when it was supposed to be a brownish orange. "Add some lizard tails and dragon blood and it will be fine" muttered Gabrielle under her breath. While Annalise was mixing in the ingredients Gabrielle walked up to the teacher's desk and handed it in. "Very good! Full marks Miss Delacour, this healing brew is perfect!" Exclaimed Professor Hewis, the Professor of Elixir. Gabrielle shot him a charming smile before her and Annalise hurried out of the room to bewitchery...

Annalise pulled Gabi up to the girl's dorm and made her change from her girl's uniform to some shorts and a singlet. They ran out the castle's doors to a small, hidden section of the grassy courtyard. "I will be the chaser and you be keeper okay?" Asked Annie, handing her an old school
broom.
"You can do it! Let's just try one more time, Gabi" Said Annie from her position on the ground. Annalise threw the muggle basketball at the ring that they were using as a goal. Gabrielle swerved on her broom to catch it but missed at the last second. "Dammit!" Yelled Gabi in frustration. "Again" answered Annie, reaching for another ball and throwing it at the goal. Gabrielle batted it off with the end of her broom, knocking it to the ground. "I did it!" She shouted triumphantly. "I've only got to learn how to block a quaffle and I'm set" said Gabi, flying down to the ground. She landed onto the ground and picked up the broom. "Only a quaffle to go..." She muttered under her breath.

On Saturday morning Gabrielle was woken by someone jumping on her. "What the heck are you doing still in bed?" Asked Annie, grabbing her uniform out for her.
After Gabrielle had been forced to dress and shower Annie hurried her to the quidditch pitch. About thirty Ombrelune students were waiting in a deformed line in front of the Ombrelune quidditch captain. "Arrange yourself into groups of what position you want, chasers, I want you over here" ordered Ella Lopez, a beater for the house and school team. After they had tried out all the chasers and decided on Caroline Depont, Thomas Hooler and Nick Perrin they called up the three keeper try outs. Gabrielle launched herself into the air and took her position in front of one of the three goals. The three chasers headed straight for her, passing the quaffle to each other. Nick threw it at the lower right ring and she caught it, throwing it back to them. Caroline caught it and took another hit at her but Gabi carelessly blocked it with the back of her broom. The chasers gave up trying to get the quaffle through the goal and took to the ground. "That was sooooo Awesome!" Yelled Annalise, pulling her into a hug. She sat down, still in amazement at how she had deflected the ball every single time. She went over to the changing rooms to change back into her uniform, a light blue dress. When she came back out the new Ombrelune team was lined up, facing their quidditch captain. "Gabrielle!" Said Ella Lopez "Welcome to the quidditch team, your a great keeper!" Said the captain, introducing her to the team. Annalise and Gabrielle stumbled back into the common room, Annalise kept clapping her best friend on the back. Gabrielle smiled "I'm part of the house team!" She squealed, suddenly. "It's only two weeks until my first game..."