The Beauxbatons Academy of magic

"I can see it!" Called a girl with short, blonde hair. She pointed towards a faint outline in the distance. Gabrielle sat up straight and looked in the direction the other girl was pointing. Through the clouds was the hazy image of a magnificent castle. As the group slowly got closer and closer Gabrielle just watched in awe as the snowy mountains blurred by and they finally arrived at the castle. The man who she had met at the zoo introduced himself as Professor Basil Verlot, teacher of Botanical enchantments. He lead the group of nervous first years to the stables where they tied up their hippogriffs. He then took them through a set of huge dark blue doors that opened upon their arrival. After walking up two sets of stairs and a long hallway they came to a stop near a reasonably sized door. "Ok so this is the feasting chamber." Said Professor Verlot, gesturing towards the door."Follow me through these doors and up onto the sorting platform, when your name is called come to the front where three targets are set up." "Shoot the arrow set up for you and then go join your house table" explained the Professor before pushing them all into the food chamber. Hundreds of faces stared at them as they walked along a carpeted path towards the back of the room. The room was cut int fifths, On one part was Bellefuille, on another was Ombrelune, on the one closest to the first years was Papillonlisse and the last two sections were taken up by teachers and a joint table for all houses. Gabrielle spotted Fleur waving from the Papillonlisse table. She smiled in her sisters direction before looking back to the Professor. He made the first years line up before calling each of their names.
"Annalise Florence," The short haired girl, who had first spotted the castle, stepped up to the golden crossbow and arrow. She pulled the string back and shot it towards the Ombrelune target. The arrow, arrived at the target she aimed for, it exploded into blue and silver sparks, arranging themselves into the symbol of Ombrelune. She ran towards the house table and sat down.
After Kiara Molland, Matias Navila, Esme Richards and Paulo Merts, Gabrielle was finally called up. "Gabrielle Delacour." Said Professor Verlot, looking directly at her. She gulped but slowly clambered up the stairs to where the herbalist was waiting for her. Gabrielle pointed the crossbow at Papillonlisse and released the thin string. The arrow flew towards the house that her mother had hoped for but stopped centimetres from the target...