Part Four: Ah, The Problems Of The Youth

Ananta

I'm scared for them. What if this is the wrong room? No- it isn't- the statues are all here. But what if they start to ask too many questions?

I trust Yugo, but what about the rest of them? They don't seem to like me... well, all except that cute dark-skinned little girl with the pink hair. She has a little cat mask on her head- it's adorable! Awwww... Wh- Agh! I'm getting off track!

A familiar voice snaps me out of my frantic thoughts. "Ananta?" Yugo looks at me with his chocolate-colored eyes. I can't help but relax. "Yes, Yugo?" "How much longer do you think it will take?" I freeze. Yugo, no! I thought- but we agreed- AGH! I shake my head and put my head in my hands for only a moment. I look away from him and reply, doing my best to keep my tone light. "It can't be long now."

No, no it can't. It can't.

Yugo

I'm not sure when it started, but things seem a little off with Ananta. Not that I could really focus on her; I'm more worried about Amalia right now, mostly hoping she isn't mad at me.

I sort of stare into space more than once, and when I snap back again my legs are starting to cramp up. I stand up and stretch a little and look around again. Dally is asleep, and Eva and their kids are nodding off. Amalia has her back straight and she won't meet my gaze.

Great, I think sarcastically. Adamaï is glaring at me for reasons I don't really want to think about at the moment. Black Bump is just staring at everyone with a weird expression on his face. I suppress a shudder. He's a little odd.... Ananta is fidgeting a lot, her eyes darting this way and that rather nervously. I sit back down, in fear of angering Amalia even more; I honestly don't know what is good to do and what isn't, so I figure it's best not to do anything.

Amalia

When is that idiot going to ask me what's wrong? I frown even more and huff a little. Yugo stiffens next to me, but quickly forces himself to relax. It's sudden and noticeable. Could he be doing nothing on purpose? Why? I blink, realizing how self-centered I'm being. My mind flits back to when we were on the Enutrof floor, when I overheard Yugo talking to who we all thought was Ruel....

"I'm not sure if it's love...."

I wonder if he feels the same way now, I think sadly, my mind wandering elsewhere, anywhere else, to escape the sudden tightening of my chest.