Chapter 5

So this is chapter 5 out of 10 for this story and I hope that people are enjoying it so far. There is going to be an epilogue once this is all over to neatly wrap things up. Due to this story having a prologue and an epilogue there will be twelve parts in total.

This is set about a month after the last chapter..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danny p.o.v

"Are you sure you know what to do Danny?" Jorel asks me, he just gave me a mission to go on today to get some technical devices that I probably wouldn't understand how in the world they worked, but Jorel said Miles gave him some money to make our new base more technologically advanced. He was going all out to make it the dream hideout possible, I was going to have a room with Dylan which we have planned, and we know what furniture is going where and the others have done the same. We are moving into it in a couple of weeks' time once all the decorating has been done and all the new security measures are in place to protect us all. "Yeah, just go to Mark and hand him the note you gave me and remember the passcode if he asks me for it," I reply, making him smile because I did remember what he said.

"Good, I have enough faith that you'll be fine. This is one of the lighter missions anyway, I am not sending anyone on a heavier mission until Aron is fucking gone," Jorel says, he was angry. They did find my mom, but Aron got to her first and well, my mom is not here anymore. At least she died knowing I am in the safest hands possible. Dylan wrapped his arms around my torso and rested his head on my shoulder for a brief moment before he moved to kiss me on the cheek. I turned over in his grip and buried my face into his shoulder. Her funeral was only a week ago and I was still grieving, but I convinced Jorel to let me go on a mission for him since Jordon and George were spending more time making sure the new base is ready.

"You don't have to do this Danny. If you need more time then I can go instead or go with you," Dylan says, he gets upset when I am because there isn't a lot he can do to take the pain away. He just holds me tightly against him while I sob myself to sleep each night because if I went back to Aron then maybe she wouldn't have died, and I felt a lot of guilt over it. Miles and Jorel have both told me that I shouldn't feel guilty about it, but I couldn't help it. Mario is Miles' second in command, but from what I have experienced around him so far is that he is a right dickhead, well he is to me anyway. "I'll be okay Dylan. I have to start moving on," I tell him, and I felt Jorel's hand on my back. "Well, you don't have to push yourself to please us Danny. We aren't going to be made or hurt you if you say you aren't ready." He tells me.

I was all ready for the mission. Jorel phoned ahead to say a blonde with blue eyes answering to the name of Golden Beast was going to come along to collect the equipment and I was sort of new. I had my contacts in and I was all ready to go. "I think I will be okay, I can always text you guys if I need you for anything right?" I ask the two older men, who both nodded at me. "Of course you can Danny. I don't doubt that you could do this, but it doesn't stop us from worrying about you" Dylan says, which is fair enough. The whole truth about the nature of the torture and abuse I suffered at Aron's filthy hands was only fully revealed just before we found out my mom died so they were very protective over me.

"Yeah, I know. I will try and keep myself safe and disguised from anyone who could hurt me," I tell him. It was good for them to have that reassurance that I was going to try everything in my power to keep myself safe while I am on the mission. I was then allowed to leave and go on this mission. The tech place isn't too far from the base, so I know how to get there and back quite easily. Jorel has prepared me for this by taking me there and back a couple of times and if I get lost I can use the sat nav to get me there and home again if I need to. I gave Dylan a hug and a kiss before I left to hopefully reassure him that I am going to be fine. He's still going to worry about me until I come home, that's just the way the chasing and the nightmares I have been having afterwards have affected us as a couple.