"When the hell did you and Blue break up?" she hisses. 

Looks like her moral compass is pointing due north. 

I sigh as I lean back into my seat, my eyes slowly flitting over to Blake, a huge smile on his face as he continues to talk to her. 

Maybe ... maybe its for the best. 

Blake and smiling? 

Maybe she'll make him the kind of happy, that I never was really going to be able to accomplish. Maybe she's what he needs.

My head drops as I look back over at my friends, Aria is star struck and Sasha is glaring furiously over at Blake. 

"That is Ira, she showed up at Blake's office as his new assistant and they realized they were mates. H-he asked me to ... move out of the house" I finished. 

Sasha's head snapped back to mine to quickly, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she broke something. 

"What the fuck did you just say?" she growled her brows furrowing in confusion. 

"Are you fucking serious?" Aria gasps, her eyes narrowing into slits. 

We all turned and watched as Ira placed her small dainty hand on his arm, their smiles unparalleled as they beamed at one another. 

Happy. 

He looks so happy. 

My chest ached, "as serious as it gets" I sigh, pushing hard against the urges to maim and kill. 

Watching them just made me want to throw grenades at their faces. 

How am I going to get over this? How am I suppose to just move on from him? He took everything and I gave it all to him. 

All I had in me, and he threw it away for some new shiny toy, acting like a man I've never even seen before. 

"Well, lets fucking kill her, here and now. We can bury her body in the back of the yard. Screw it, we can make it a double and kill him too. What are you waiting for?" Sasha asked as she stood up. 

Aria stood up too, "I'll get the shovel".

I quickly grab them, as I shake my head, "as much as I would love to see her face first in a grave, I-I'm so tried of it, you guys. He's suppose to love me, more than anything else, more than anyone else, and he's thrown me aside so quickly. Thats not worth fighting for, and frankly I'm tried of the fight. I've taken one too many hits, and I think with this one I'm just going to stay down", I quickly try to cover up the fact that my eyes are tearing up, or the hollow feeling thats burning in my chest. 

Aria and Sasha slowly sink back to their seats, "don't you find this kind of strange?" Aria says, as she takes in the picture perfect scene of the smiling couple. "He's acting so familiar with her and its been a day, not to mention ... he's smiling". 

Sasha's eyes narrow, "that is a bit weird, he did once tell me smiling is for the weak, especially in public". 

I shrug, something unsure about their words picking at me, "she makes him happy".

"No. I've never really seen that leech of a man smile, except when bringing others pain and when you walk into a room, and even then he tries to fight it"Sasha continues as we all go back to watching them. 

Maybe they ... "Katrina!" my Mom's sharp voice cuts threw my mind as she screams from the house. 

Great, just what I needed. 

I sigh as I look back over at my puzzled friends, "pray for me" I hiss as I slowly stand up and drag myself up into the house. 

I easily find my Mom and Dad in the kitchen, standing in front of that man from earlier, the one who helped me up who was carrying a bat. 

What is it now? 

"What's up?" I ask looking at the small group in front of me. 

My parents are beaming large, guilty as hell, looking smiles at me, immediately putting me on alert. 

My eyes then slowly go back to the handsome man from earlier. "We didn't get a chance to formally introduce ourselves. I am Rhett Downings" he smiles at me, a thick arrogance over taking his face, like I should start kissing his feet now. 

I give him a dead look, before turning back to the crazies that raised me, "why is he speaking to me?" I ask them. 

"Well, Kat, your mother and I thought it would-" Dad started off slow. 

"Because you are going to marry him, Katrina Lynn" Mom cuts him off, her face dead ass serious. 

So much so, that I actually stop myself from laughing out loud. 

She can't be ... my eyes shoot to my Dad, his head is hung in same. 

They didn't. 

My head slowly swivels back towards the smirking imp. 

"I'd rather eat shit" his face falls immediately. 

"KATRINA!" Mom bellows trying desperately to keep a cool face in front of a distraught looking Rhett, "this is Rhett Downings, of the Downings Inc." she gritted out. 

My eyes widened as I gasped, "oh I'm so sorry! I meant I'd rather eat dog shit!" I scream back at her. 

I see that little spark of civility leave my Mom's eyes, as her true self emerges. 

Insanity. 

"YOU WILL MARRY THIS LITTLE WEASEL OF A MAN, KATRINA, THERE ARE NO BUTS!" she screeched. 

Oh she wanted to get loud now? 

"I WOULDN'T MARRY THIS PIMPLE OF A MAN IF HE WAS THE LAST ONE ON EARTH! You know I'm going through a break up, why the in hell would I get married, Mother!?" I scream back at her. 

"You need to be provided for, and this pimple can do that! He can take care of everything!" she hisses back at me. 

"I don't need to be saved or cared for! I can handle things myself!" 

"The company is in danger, Katrina! Our company, that man is going to build strong ties so that you're not stuck with a bankrupt company!" she growls. 

I pause. "What are you going on about?" 

"THAT TESTICLE CONVICT OF AN EX BOYFRIEND SUCKED THE COMPANY DRY!" she explodes. 

What? I knew Lee had been taking money to fund his dumb plan, but I didn't know he had taken that much from us. 

My jaw drops, "w-what?" 

"Those papers that we had been signing, thinking they were apart of the City Council, were really transfer money papers, he sucked the company dry, and since you decided to crush all my happiness and break up with The Blake Dun, you need someone else, who has strong enough ties to get us out of this mess" my Mom finished. 

Silence sucked my soul. 

My eyes darting from my guilty looking father, to my erratic mother, and then to Rhett. 

And I didn't think it could get worse.