Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen: Why me?
Hayden's POV

I woke up early the next morning. Today was our first day on set. Normally, I'd be excited to start filming a new show, but after what happened yesterday, I'm dreading even leaving.

I got up slowly and looked in the mirror at my year stained face and my messy morning hair.

Last night at the Rock Your Hair house, after I witnessed Annie and Rush, we had left soon after. On the way home I made sure to wipe my eyes and smile as if I hadn't been crying, but as soon as I got home I cried some more, and some more. I'd cried myself to sleep.

I hopped in the shower and after that I dried and brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I just put on a random pair of jeans and a tee shirt- we'd be getting dressed for the show with the wardrobe. I didn't pay much attention to my hair, either.

I put on my shoes and grabbed my back pack. Inside it was my phone charger, notebooks, schoolbooks, and my laptop and charger. Since I'd be filming for a while, I'd still need to do school, so we had a specific time where some of the kids would go to the schoolroom during the day while the others would film a scene that those specific kids weren't in, then we'd flip flop.

I filled my water bottle and put it in my bag's side pocket. I didn't bother getting anything to eat, we always have food on set.

"Ready to go, Hayden?" My dad asked me.

"Yup!" I said.

As we got in the car, he said, "so are you excited to finally get on set?"

I nodded, but inside I was choking back a sob. Maybe while we're on set having breakfast, Annie and Rush will announce that they're dating. That'll be horrible.

I know that I've just seen Annie for the first time in years just yesterday, but still. I don't think I've ever lost my feelings for her.

I've liked her since the day I met her; even if I hadn't realized it yet.

I thought about what she had written in her diary. Where she talked about how she wanted to stay in the park with me for forever.... how she wanted to freeze that moment, just as I did.

I thought about that diary page multiple times throughout the years. Not specifically that part, but where she said something about me at the very bottom that I couldn't finish reading.

Maybe she was going to say that she had feelings for me. Maybe she wasn't going to say that. Or maybe she did say it, but she no longer feels the same.

"You getting out?"

Suddenly, all too quickly, we had arrived at set.

I took a deep breath and prepared for the worst.

A/n
GUYS! Thank you all so much for over 1k reads! I honestly never thought that I'd ever get this far on this book... but every time I update a new chapter, it gets so many views  within a day! That's great! I'm so happy. My last successful books were in old accounts that had gotten deleted and it took me forever to get so far on those. Thank you all so much, for everything. Thanks to everyone who reads, votes, comments, and adds this story to their reading lists. It really helps me a lot, and encourages me to update more. So thank you guys!