Chapter Five

Hey guys! I think this is my favorite chapter I've written so far, and I really really hope you like it as much as I enjoyed writing it :D

Just as Taylor and Lily were going to respond, the doorbell rang, effectively cutting them both off.

It was showtime.

Taylor took a deep breath and plastered a smile, happy to see her friends. After all, it had been at least two weeks since they had all gotten around and had dinner together. She quickly got up running to the door to greet their friends.

-"Swift! My girl! It's been such a long time"- The booming voice of the British model, Cara Delevigne could be heard, as she dramatically pretended to be wounded and sad.

Taylor just chuckled at her friend's antiques before pulling the blonde into a warm and welcoming hug. Cara just laughed and playfully growled before winking.

-"It has been too long Delevigne"- She answered with a teasing smirk, ushering the model inside her home. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see her friend and Joe already laughing and joking about some English inside joke, she'd probably never get.

She then moved on to greet in the same loving and playful way her other friends; Martha, Camila, Este, Alana, and Danielle. Welcoming them in and watching them run off to where Joe, Lily, and Cara were.

The singer looked towards her best friend, Selena, who was standing outside her door, with a chilly, but loving look on her face. They embraced in a tight hug, Selena discretely mumbling a "how are you feeling? Is my godson or goddaughter behaving themselves?" , and gently placing her hand on her almost unnoticeable bump.

Taylor laughed, her heartstrings tugging at how protective and excited Selena was about her unborn child. That was the reason her and Joe had decided to make her the godmother.

-"The little nugget is just fine, he's not giving us any problems... yet"- She concluded with a weary look and a chuckle. -"Come on in, you look like you're freezing, we should go with the others. I think dinner's ready as well."-

---

The had all been enjoying dinner. The meal that Joe had prepared was delicious, the Rioja wine Lily had brought pairing amazingly well with it.

Taylor knew the time was nearing, and that she'd have to face it. Telling her friends that she was pregnant was making her incredibly nervous and she could feel the bile rising in her throat, her anxiety taking the best of her.

Joe noticed her anxiety, and when she suddenly got up, saying she needed to go to the restroom, he immediately grew worried.

-"I think I'm going to go after her. She looked a bit sick."- He said with a concerned look on his face, as he got up from his chair and went after her.

Lily and Selena nodded sympathetically, worried for their friend. Whilst the others simply looked worried and slightly confused.

-"She has seemed a bit off the whole night... I really hope she's feeling alright"- Camila mumbled as she took a sip of her wine. Her mates just nodded, and the conversation was quickly flowing again.

Meanwhile, in the bathroom across the hall, stood a shaking and anxious Taylor.

There she was, standing in front of her mirror her knuckles gripping tightly the bathroom sink as she tried to calm herself down. A soft knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, startling her.

-"Baby? Are you okay?"- Taylor breathed a sigh of relief, it was Joe.

-"Yeah um, I'm, I'm fine. C-come in"- She answered with a shaky voice.

Joe quickly entered and gently placed his hands on her shoulders. Slowly massaging them as she asked her if she was okay again, this time expecting an honest response.

-"I'm just... God babe, how will they react? Will- will they hate me? I mean, they might think it's too soon and it-"- The British actor cut her off with a soft kiss, that without words, said everything she needed to hear.

-"Love, they'll be ecstatic. They've been pestering you and me about having kids forever! I mean, I really think they almost wanted this baby as much as we did."- He said with a chuckle.

He then moved up behind her, circling her waist with his arms and kissing her neck softly, mumbling reassuring words into her ears.

-"You ready to go out there and tell them?"- Joe said with a sympathetic smile as she weakly nodded. She needed to get this over with. She knew anxiety was irrational and that her friends would always support and love her, but a big part of her was still deeply scared of what their reactions would be.

---

When she finally went out of the bathroom and entered the dining room, she was met with four concerned gazes and three reassuring ones.

-"You feeling better babe?"- Said Martha the moment she entered the room.

Taylor nervously nodded before clearing her throat.

-"So um, my god, I really don't know why I get so nervous announcing this type of stuff"- She said with a nervous chuckle. Her friends that didn't know about the pregnancy stared at her with a curious and slightly shocked expression. They weren't expecting any kind of announcement tonight, and their minds were racing with possible outcomes.

Joe got up with a proud smile and placed his hand on the small of her back, silently encouraging her. You could see the excitement and love obviously present on his face.

-"Okay here we go..."- Taylor mumbled, before sucking a deep intake of breath and mumbling a very quick and barely understandable "guys, I'm kinda, really pregnant"

There were two split seconds of confused silence before a loud shriek and squeal came out of Camila, who quickly got up and ran over to her friend, wrapping her in a hug.

-"I'm so happy for you guys! Holy shit! Holy mother of-shit! She's pregnant?! Guys! She's pregnant!!"- Camila then reached over to Joe and hugged him tightly.

Martha went over to where Taylor was, running and nearly jumped on the singer. Talking about how happy she was for them and how gorgeous their babies would be, before turning over to Joe with a warning glare on her face.

-"You better treat her right, Joe. I'll chop off your dick"-  she said. Joe could only laugh and nod slightly scared but overall amazed at her protectiveness.

Cara just went over to Joe and high-fived him, pulling him into a hug and muttering in his ear how "I swear to god mate, if you hurt her, I'll do worse than chop of your dick" before chuckling and embracing again, telling him how it was "a joke, but also incredibly true". Leaving a shocked but laughing Joe, admiring how much her friends loved Taylor.

It was a matter of seconds before the three HAIM sisters were all gathered around Taylor in a group hug, jumping with excitement and glee.

To say it had gone well was an understatement. All her friends were so incredibly supportive and happy to hear the news, it had been truly heartwarming.  They had spent the rest of the night discussing the baby, names and how cute it would be to have "mini Taylor and Joe's running around".

Taylor was still anxious and scared, but they were no longer the predominant emotions. Love, excitement, and protectiveness had long replaced them.