Chapter One

This is my first fanfic, so please don't judge too hard haha! Hope you enjoy it, and please don't forget to comment and vote!

Taylor's POV

I was late. I was never late. Not once in my 30 years of life have I had my period come late.

I sucked my breath in as all the thoughts started running through my head.

The primary one being panic.

If it really was what I was thinking... how would Joe react to it? My god, are we ready for it? Am I ready for a baby?

I found myself getting more and more worked up, my breaths getting shallower and tears prickling my eyes.

I decided the best idea would be calling my best friend, Selena before this got any worse.

I picked up the phone and dialed her number.

-"H-hey Sel."- I said with a weak and shaky voice. Selena, hearing my tone immediately grew concerned.

-"Hey Tay, everything okay? Is Joe okay? You don't sound alright babe."- She said with a mildly panicked voice.

I took in a deep breath to keep myself from crying.

-"Um, not exactly... Can you, um, can you come o-over?"- I asked quietly.

-"I'm on my way right now Tay"- I let out a relieved sigh as I said thank you and tried to calm myself.

NO ONE'S POV

Selena entered the house quickly, calling for Taylor's name.

-"Tay?"- She asked gently. A small and quiet "here" resonated from the living room.

There, was Taylor, curled up in a ball staring mindlessly at the fireplace. Looking incredibly small for such a tall person.

-"Taylor, babe, what's up?" She said, making her way towards her and slowly pulling her in for a hug.

The moment she did that, the floodgates opened. The cries that Taylor had been holding in this whole time came out, sobbing on Selena's jumper.

-"Taylor, god, what's wrong? Has it to do with Joe? Is he okay? I swear to god if he did something!"- Selena started, only to be interrupted by Taylor.

-"No! No! It's nothing like that... I mean, not... yet"- She said slightly flinching at the end of the sentence.

-"What? Taylor, you've got to tell me what's going on honey, I can't help you otherwise"- Selena said in a calming tone.

What she received was a quick, mumbled reply she couldn't make anything out of.

-"Taylor"- She answered in a serious tone.

-"You need to tell me, c'mon"-

Taylor breathed deeply and wiped her tears, before slowly and shakily saying:

-"I think I might be pregnant."-

Selena's face immediately softened before pulling her best friend into a hug again.

-"Oh Tay, that's got you so worked up? C'mon shifty, I'll take you to the pharmacy. We need to buy some tests before jumping to conclusions."-

-"No, no. I can't go Sel."- Taylor whimpered. -"What if the paps see me? Oh god. Nononono"- Taylor started shaking again, only to be stopped by Selena.

-"Tay, Tay! Calm down. I'll to go buy them okay?. Can you stay here and be alright? Or do you think you're too nervous? I know how you get when you have panic attacks, Tay."- She said in a soft tone.

Taylor shook her head and recomposed herself.

-"No, yeah I'm okay. I can handle it."- She replied before sighing and responding.

-"Please be quick though?"- She whimpered.

Selena gave her a small smile before whispering an "of course."

Fifteen minutes had past and Taylor was getting antsy. Where had Selena gone? Was she okay? Oh my god, had the paparazzi caught her?

Just as she was going to call her, the door opened, and a relieved looking Selena appeared.

-"Oookay, so I've bought 5 tests. Ya know, in case one was wrong?"- She said with a comforting smile.

Taylor gave a small nervous laugh before biting her nails.

-"Okay. Let's do this Sel. Just like a band-aid right? You rip it off.- Selena just nodded, and they both made their way upstairs.

Half an hour later, and two tea's later, they both stood in front of Taylor's bathroom sink.

-"Sel, I can't do this. I can't look oh my god."- Taylor stressed again.

-"Taylor. Remember what we said? Just like a band-aid, you rip it off at once okay?."- Selena said sternly.

Taylor mumbled an okay and prepared herself to see a simple stick, that could change her entire life.

Positive.

All five of them.

Oh god. This was happening, she was pregnant.

For an inexplicable reason, Taylor suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of happiness overwhelm her. She was pregnant. With Joe's baby. It all seemed so unreal.

The squeal that came out of Selena's mouth was inhumane.

-"Oh my god Tay! I'm so happy for you! When are you going to tell him? I can already imagine the adorable blonde, blue-eyed baby"-

Taylor gave a nervous chuckle.

-""Woah, okay Sel. Let's calm us yeah? Um, I'm not sure when I'll tell him... God, he arrives tonight. And I'm shit at hiding things from him."- She answered, fiddling nervously with the necklace on her neck.

-"So don't."- Selena answered bluntly. –"Tay, don't hide this from him. I know for a fact he'll be ecstatic."

-"One can only hope"- Taylor said with a nervous giggle.

Flash-forward to three hours later.

The apartment is oddly quiet the moment that Joe steps in. There's normally a small murmur somewhere, or the sound of the telly.

But, nothing to hear today.

Joe quietly takes off his coat and scarf, leaving them by the door and carefully making his way up the stairs.

-"Tay? Love, where are you?"- He can just sense when something's not quite right, and right now seems like one of those moments.

When he arrives in their room he immediately grows worried. Taylor, his Taylor is lying still in their bed, and he can hear the soft sniffling coming from her.

-"Taylor. Honey, what's wrong?"- Concern laced with his voice.

A very quiet and mumbled, "leave me alone, please." Escapes her mouth, but before she can talk again he's laying down with her, and forcing her gently to look at him in the eye.

-"Taylor, love, I know you like no-one else." He says softly, before kissing her forehead.

-"What's wrong? What happened?"-

The answer is so quiet he almost doesn't hear it, but he does. A small, short and mumbled "'m pregnant".

And it sure is not what he expected.

HOPE YOU LIKED IT AS MUCH AS I LIKED WRITING IT!

Please don't forget to comment your suggestions, and if you want to read further chapters, it's also on tumblr! (julsssnake & alwynswift-collections)