Chapter 30

Hannah and I shopped all day. The most expensive thing was the crib! The cheapest most sturdy one I could find was 700$!!!

"What!! The baby is only gonna use this thing for a little while!! Why so much!!?" I asked.

"Because if you get a crappy one your baby could decapitate itself." Hannah stated while looking through baby clothes.

"So you're sure you don't want to know what you're having?" She asked for like the millionth time since I told her I didn't want to know.

"No! I don't!" I told her.

"Well that kind of makes it more difficult to pick out baby stuff." she pointed out.

"They make plenty of unisex stuff!" I said.

"Yeah I know but I saw this little shirt at Spencer's that said daddy's little devil and I wanted to get it but it was bedazzled for a girl!" she said.

"Well tough! You can shop for him or her after he or she is born." I settled.

"You're a stubborn mom." she whined.

"Damn straight!" I joked.

"Come on let's go check out and see if the guys are done." she suggested.

On our way out of the mall we passed hot topic and Jack came out carrying a green bag.

"Kaitlin! Hey! The girls sorta pitched in and got you this as a makeup for no baby shower." he handed me the bag and waved goodbye.

I think he still feels guilty about the crash.

"What is it!?" Hannah asked.

I opened it to find and little brand new binky. A pack of bottles, and a gift certificate to the little baby store in the mall.

"Well....the binky I'm not really gonna use. It stunts baby's speech and can create an overbite. Doctors facts." I said.

"Well it was still really sweet of them." Hannah said.

"Yeah it was! Come on let's go. I want to lay down." we left and went home to find that all the moving had been done and everything.

"Hey babe!" I kissed Destery and went to drop the stuff off in our new room.

"So did you get some stuff for the nursery?" he asked.

"Yeah, all right here. I figure we could go get paint tomorrow and paint the room. But the store is sending some people over to put together the crib since it was so heavy." I told him.

"Sounds good. You ok? You look sick" Destery commented.

"I'm exhausted! And I feel fat and gross and I'm hot!" I complained. That seemed to be the only thing I was doing lately.

"Well come on, let's go lay down I'll get you some more ice packs." He offered.

"Thanks! You're so sweet." I kissed his cheek and went to go lay down.

----------------------------------------------

In my dream I was alone in a white room, but at the edge of that room was a crib.

All of the sudden a baby began to cry, I felt a pain in my chest, like I had to comfort it.

I began running to the crib, but like in all dreams I could run fast enough.

I began to feel liquid run down my leg.

That's not a dream....uh oh.

----------------------------------------------

"Destery! My water!" I shot up and grabbed Desterys arm.

"What? Now?" he asked.

"Now!" I confirmed.

He was like lightning, he grabbed the bag put it by the door help me up. Grabbed a stop watch for some reason. I have him a look.

"What!? It's to time your contractions. They do it in all the books." he said.

We woke up Hannah and Nate and told them to meet us at the hospital.

This was it, time to be a mommy.....

Crap