Chapter 29

Over the next few months I began to grow and grow. And as my stomach grew so did my depression. I don't know why. It's like the baby was taking all my energy. I was so tired, and moody. Any little thing anyone did would either make me angry, or burst out into tears. The doctors say it's just normal hormones, so everyone's been really understanding.

I continued to work and I got some dirty looks from parents in the store. But other employees, mostly girls where giddy and wanting to rub my stomach. Which weirded me out.

When I got home it was a scorching 89 degrees, I was dying. I grabbed ice packs and put one on my head, one on my neck, another on my back and the last one on my stomach.

Hannah came in shortly after, and tried to do the same but soon realized I had taken them all.

"BAAAAABE!" she whined.

"What? I'm pregnant." I defended.

"Yah know, you won't be pregnant for much longer and then you can't use that excuse." she pointed out.

"Well until then, I'm milking it." I said triumphantly.

She groaned and poured herself a glass of water.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling?" Destery asked.

"I'm fucking hot!!" I complained.

"I know, that's why I love you." Destery joked.

"Awww! you're so sweet! But don't get so close, to much body heat." I playfully shoved him away.

"Oh no! We are sharing some baldy heat lady!!" he grabbed onto me and lightly squeezed around my abdomen.

"Great now I have to pee." I got up and made my way to the bathroom. But as I was coming back I felt a sharp pain in my side.

"Ahh!" I yelped and gripped my side.

Suddenly my whole lower stomach began to hurt.

"Destery!" I shouted.

They all came running, Destery was instantly at my side with a worried expression.

"My side hurts, and my lower stomach." I told him.

"Is that normal?" He asked.

"I don't know! Kind of a new thing for me, this being pregnant." I shouted.

Destery grabbed the baby bag and helped me into the car.

----------------------------------------------

"You're fine! It's just a little discomfort." The doctor explained.

"Slight?!" I questioned.

"Yeah, you'll be fine it happens the closer you get to delivery. We should expect you back here in a few days ready for delivery." the doctor informed us.

"That's......scary." I said.

"First kids usually are." the doctor said.

"First and only!" I corrected.

"Well then be cautious after you have this one, women who have just given birth are extremely fertile, and have a much higher chance if getting pregnant." he informed.

"Hear that! Hands off!" I told Destery.

He laughed and continued to rub my stomach.

We left the office feeling better. But I was also nervous about delivering soon.

Destery, sensing my nerves gripped my hand.

"Hey! I'm right here. Always." he assured me. I gave him a smile and we headed home.

----------------------------------------------

"What did the doctor say?" Hannah asked worried.

"He said it's normal and that I should be ready to deliver soon." I told them.

"That's great! Are you excited?!" Hannah asked.

"Kinda! But I'm really nervous, we don't even have a nursery!" I pointed out.

"Well, how about you take my place. you and Destery will have a room and then you'll have an extra room." Hannah offered.

"Where will you stay?" I asked.

"I'll take your old room up here." she said.

"You'd really do that?" I asked.

"Of course! You're my best friend who about to have my little godchild!" she said assertively.

Well it was settled. And just like that, Nathan and Destery were swapping furniture out and Hannah and I were on our way to shop for paints and nursery things.

I didn't know enough people to throw a baby shower so I didn't really want one.

----------------------------------------------

*Hope you liked it. I hurt my back so I had time to finish this update.*