Chapter two

Chapter two

<Kaitlin's P.O.V>

After the rest of my boxes were put away. I made my bed , which for now consisted of a pile of blankets. I decided to hang up some of my many posters. I am a huge rock fan. But I'm open to other types of music. Hanging up my Sleeping With Sirens poster. Because what normal young adult doesn't have one??? I was using a bunch of thumb tacks and on a step ladder when I guess I put to much trust into the step ladder because it started to teeter, causing me to tumble to the ground, thumb tacks and all. Of course. I have a history of being a bit of a klutz. With a loud noise I might add. The door came flying open and Destery stood there looking puzzled. No Nathan? Huh. Must have left. I looked a my hands which had several thumb tacks in them. Some bleeding, others not.
"Are you OK? What happened?!" Destery asked, looking concerned."My fat, clumsy self fell...." I said slightly embarrassed. " Well here, let me help you up at least." He said. "Ha!! And let Shamoo drag you down too? I don't think so." I protested. " Ya know, you're not as fat as you make yourself out to be." Destery commented. I didn't know if I should take that as a compliment. I got myself up and stared at my now very badly injured hands. " I'll go get you some stuff to clean that." Destery said. He walked down the hallway to the bathroom, and returned shortly with some peroxide, antibiotic ointment and tiny band aids.

 " Do you guys get hurt a lot? Because you seem well prepared for it." I questioned, eyeing Destery. 

" Kinda, we just keep this stuff around to be prepared." Destery explained. Oh....I trailed off letting Destery patch me up. When he was finished he packed up the stuff and put it away. He came back to my room, "Do you want any help?" He asked " Or at least a spotter?" He joked. "Haha! You're so funny!" I mocked. He stuck around and helped me put everything else up. When Nathan got home he suggested we get to know each other better. Oh joy! I had never been great at opening up to people. In my mind each bit of information was a piece of ammo that they can use against you when things come crashing down. We sat in the living room on the couch, I was curled up in my Doctor Who blanket. While Destery sat by Nathan on the other end. I eyed them both hesitantly. 

"So, how does this whole thing work?" I asked, a little scared. 

" Well, we ask you questions, and you answer in complete honesty." Nathan explained. Yup, I was not liking this....but I wanted them to like me seeing as I was going to live there for a while. " OK, shoot." I said. Nathan spoke first, " What is your opinion on Del Taco?".  "Nasty, like crap in a tortilla!". I respond instinctively recalling my several bad experiences. Tennessee had exclusively Taco Bell's, but on my trip out here I decided to stop for something new and instantly regretted it. Re-fried beans have never tasted so bad.  Destery and Nathan approving exchanged glances, and high five. I was confused, but I took it as a good sign. The next question was from Destery

 " When was your first kiss?". He asked boldly. I was a little surprised by the question, but I answered truthfully. "Well, I haven't had my first kiss exactly...." I confessed a little embarrassed. They both looked surprised by my answer. I don't see why it's hard to believe, I mean I'm not exactly pretty. Or skinny. Or much of anything really. " So I guess that means you're a virgin too?" Nathan blurted. Destery punched him in the shoulder. "Sorry for his rudeness, you don't have to answer that." Destery apologized. " No, it's fine. and to answer your question, no I am not a virgin." I answered. They looked a little taken back, before it clicked. and their faces fell. "It's no big deal guys, it happened. I'm over it. I was stupid, he was drunk. and stronger than me. It happens" I stated, trying to make them feel better. They didn't know, it's not their fault. It's an awkward topic that I hate to talk about, but if I was going to live with them they may as well know everything.  " Kaitlin, I'm so sorry! It was stupid for me to ask. We can stop if you want." Nathan rushed to sit by me.

 Even though I had only known them a few hours, they knew more about me than most people. And I didn't mind. I felt safe with them. Like i'd known them my whole life. Destery joined us on the couch placing his hand on my knee, sending a warm tingling sensation spreading from where he placed his hand. The gesture was comforting and I found myself embracing them back, settling into my new life. The rest of the night we stayed off the topic of serious questions and asked more basic ones. At about 1:00AM I decided to go to bed. But then I remembered, I don't have a bed yet. It's being shipped in pieces. As I head toward the living room to sleep on the couch, I see Destery's light on and get a bold idea.

 "Um, Destery..." I whispered, creeping my way to his bedroom. 

" Come in." he said. I pushed the door open. my comforter wrapped around me. " I don't exactly have a bed, as of right know. Can I sleep with you tonight?" I asked, I sounded ridiculous! Like he was gonna let me sleep in the same bed with him! We just met, and I would take up so much room he probably thinks he wont be able to get comfortable. 

 "Sure, hop in." He said to my surprise, I look up at him caught off guard by his quick response. I climbed into bed and watched him, he looked so focused staring at his screen. He stretched and got up. He started peeling of his shirt. " Wooooooh!!! Um, what are you doing?" I asked, shielding my eyes. " Oh sorry! I sleep in my boxers, is that cool?" He asked. I looked at him, and I  he looked pretty good. His hair was messy but in a sexy way. I was attracted to the few tattoos that littered his arms, and after thinking it over i decided I didn't mind, and in fact was anxious in anticipation of brushing his bare skin.  "Umm, yeah sorry. you just surprised me that's all." I apologized. He stripped off his pants and climbed into bed. I cannot believe this.... His body was warm making me kick off part of my blanket. I looked at him sleeping, feeling a little creepy i'll admit. But he just looked so peaceful. My eyes became heavy and I drifted off to sleep.