Closing my eyes I could faintly hear beeping and whirring as I focused my energy. My eyes began to burn as I knew my eyes had begun to glow red.

My disgruntled growl turned into a scream as my energy flowed through me, burning me and focusing in my chest and hands.

And we disappeared.

Air left my lungs as my chest hit hard, solid ground.

Pulling my fingers out of Anastasia's hand I went to James' still form.

"JAMES!" Anastasia quickly got up, looking around through the dust as I reached James' body and rolled him over until he was looking up at me with unfocused eyes.

"James?" Anastasia's voice was confused as shock began to take over her.

I could feel blood running down my cheek and my ear as I noticed the blood leaving him. With a gasp I ripped the middle of his shirt, pushing it away and to the sides.

"No no no no no no no." Quickly swearing in Russian, I examined the two bullet holes, turning James to the side a little.

One clean through. One stuck.

A groan came out of his chest as I ran my hand over the filled bullet hole.

Shallow. Hands shaking and nails not long enough.

With an equal groan I lowered myself, my mouth resting itself around the bullet hole. He let out a gasp as my tongue found the hole. My hands stretched his skin, enlarging the wound as my teeth moved in.

My mouth filled with his blood as I almost choked on the bullet. I could hear his nails dig into the hard ground before I lifted my head.

Anastasia watched in horror and James, with glassy eyes as I spat out the bullet. Standing up over James I shrugged off my jacket, holsters, and pulled off my shirt.

Teleporting to Anastasia I dug my fingernails into her skin causing a shriek as I pulled her over to his body. I threw her at his body and held her hand down over both of his wounds. "KEEP PRESSURE!" I roared as I teleported into the warehouse's upstairs main bathroom, searching for my main medical kit.

Once found, I checked the bathroom cupboard grabbing medication off of the shelves at random before returning to the two of them. "MOVE." I shoved a shaking Anastasia off of James and sat next to him. "It will all be okay, James."

My hands moved as vodka fell into my hands, dousing most of his chest with it and the back of the clean-through wound. He groaned again, and it formed a chest-constricting word.

"Scarlet."

"I am here," I spoke with a needle in between my teeth as I prepared the string.

His breaths began to become harsh and I quickly dropped both back into the medical kit. "I am going to make things better." I soothed as I pushed a syringe into a prominent vein in his forearm. "Just close your eyes for me, James."

"Oh my god. What are you doing?!" Anastasia moaned, disgusted.

I ignored her, as I began stitching James up. His breathing began evening out as I finished.

After applying more vodka and dressing, I finished.

All my breath left me as I slouched with my head on his upper, undamaged chest.

"Scarlet?" Anastasia's voice rang a little. In the space.

My eyes glowed a dark, deep red as my head and body rose slowly.

I could see her bright red outline watching me, I could almost feel her heartbeat underneath my fingers.

"This is all your fault." The words came out as a deep growl, causing her to shiver.

"I didn't know that-"

"I WARNED YOU." I got up, stepping over James as I rushed at her. "BUT YOU NEVER FUCKING LISTEN TO ME." I pushed her and she fell, eyes and mouth open wide. She was still in shock.

"I-"

"YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR FUCKING SELF. I AM TRYING TO KEEP YOU ALL ALIVE. DO YOU NOT FUCKING GET THAT?!" My hand wrapped itself around her throat, nails digging into the skin there.

That's it, young one. Move your thumb to the left a little more to push down on that vein. Yes, good girl.

"I-I don't-"

"YOU DO NOT GET THAT THIS IS LIFE OR DEATH, DO YOU?!" I could now actually feel her heartbeat heavy and fast under my fingers as one of my nails pierced her flesh.

That's it. Squeeze harder.

In that moment, I really wanted to. It would be so much easier to add another to the list. The Rage brushed the tips of my fingers, it's harsh warmth encouraging.

With a moan of disgust I threw her away, her head bashing off of the hard concrete floor. "Next time. I'm leaving you to die."

I took a steady step back from her, towards James' unconscious form before the cruel words tore from my mouth. "And I'll be smiling."

My whole body was shaking as my eyes continued to blaze.

"Tem luchshe."

All the better indeed, young one.