20

Miranda's hands wrap around the mug, the warmth radiating into her skin and she focused on that as she sat by the kitchen table in Joseph's apartment

"He's asleep."

Joseph's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

Yesterday if someone told her she would have gone on a date with Joseph tonight much less end up going home with him, she most likely would have laughed her ass off.

Here she sat though, after what was surprisingly a good date, having coffee with him at almost midnight.

When their night got interrupted by the text. She had no choice but to tell Joseph what was going on. He had insisted they go pick Zeke up and have them both spend the night at his place. She didn't put up a fight because well, she was a bit shaken and needed the security of having someone close by, even if only for one night.

"I don't understand why this creep hasn't been arrested yet," Joseph grumbled

She saw his hands clench around his own cup and she winced thinking it might shatter to pieces any minute. She gently took the cup from his hand and placed it on the counter and was surprised when he reached for her hand.

"You can't stay at the house alone with Zeke, Miranda. You guys aren't safe there," he told her.

Not liking the sound of where this was headed she gently pulled her hand from his.

"We don't really have a choice," she said

"Of course you do." he insisted

"Pray tell kind sir, what exactly are my choices here?" she said sarcastically as she propped her chin onto her knuckles while she waited.

"Move in here until he gets caught," Joseph suggested.

Miranda stared at him then burst into laughter then she quieted down as she remembered Zeke was asleep down the hall.

"I'm not living with you Joseph," she told him.

"It's just for precaution Miranda." he insisted.

"No," she said firmly.

"Think about Zeke!" Joseph said

She could tell he was getting irritated with her refusing his offer. Deep down she knew he was right, she wasn't really safe on her own but the thought of living with Joseph left her stomach in knots. She was already having a hard time keeping her mind off their scorching kiss from the club.

That kiss had caused dormant muscles to come alive as her body got excited. She wasn't at all a saint. She eventually started dating once she got to college, and slept with two of the guys she dated but none compared to the kiss she shared with Joseph.

"...agreed?"

She stared blankly at him. She had missed what he was saying. She blushed and cleared her throat.