part 2

Emma and Killian head to the Jolly Roger, hop in and drive off.

"So, Hook? And they Jolly Roger? Those are some interesting names. Where did they come from?" Emma begins to question.

"Well Hook comes from my boxing, because I have a decent right-hook. And since I'm the football captain, she started calling me Captain Hook. As a joke she started to call the car the Jolly Roger, and it just sort of stuck," He answers with a smile.

"She?" Emma inquires while adjusting her glasses.

"My ex, Milah," he says without emotion. Milah, the name rang a bell.

"The girl who died in a car crash last year," Emma accidentally said out loud. Killian looked over at her. Her cheeks automatically flush red and she couldn't be more embarrassed.

"Sorry I asked." Emma mumbles.

"No, its fine, love."

"Love?"

"Its an English expression," Killian smirks, "Any more questions?" He said as he pulled into Granny's parking lot. They get out and head inside.

"Yes. Now I saw how you played today, and I get it. Football comes naturally to you. But why boxing?" Emma asks. She scribbles some notes down.

"Umm well I wasn't always the golden boy and I got into a lot fights. Your dad actually broke up one of my fights. He suggested that I should channel my anger into something more productive and less illegal," he says.

"You don't mind that I print you were a bad boy?"

"Not at all, love. It was the truth at one point."

"Alrighty then. What do you like to do outside of sports?" Ruby comes over to our table. Great, Emma thought. She is my best friend and she is going to think this is a date. I'll be sure to get a text about this later.

"Hey, how are you guys tonight?"

"Great, I'll have the lasagna please," he says while looking at Emma with a devilish smile. Emma blushes and looks at Ruby.

"I'll have the same." Ruby jots down the orders and walks away.

"I have some money for this," Emma says as she reaches in her backpack for her wallet. Hook reaches across the table and touches her arm. She stops rummaging through her backpack.

"Nonsense. I've got this."

"Are you sure?" Emma asks.

"Yes. Now back to your question. I don't do that much outside of sports. I guess I just don't have the time for anything else really," Emma scrawls this down.

"What subject in school interests you the most?"

"I like history, but science is also great."

"What kind of history? US, European, or World?"

"Wow you're on a roll with the questions. European would be my favorite."

"Why?" She asks as she writes without looking up. Killian takes a gulp of water from his glass.

"Why? Because it's all about how all these countries get along within this small space, and how problem occur with that area. Its absolutely fascinating, love."

"Would you please stop calling me that?" She says through gritted teeth.

"What you don't like it?" He asks in a low husky voice. Emma squirms in her seat.

"No, not really." Then, out of nowhere, Killian leans over the table, and in a slow and deep voice, murmurs,

"I think you love it. I think it turns you on. You just don't want to admit it." Emma begins to lean in as well.

"How would you know? You don't know a damn thing about me," she accuses him and she leans back.

"Well that's the problem, isn't it? I don't know you and I would like to. So, how about this: for every question you ask, I get to ask a question in return? Sound alright?" Emma contemplated this. She then realized that it would be the only way to get her answers.

"Yes. I'll begin," Emma states.

"Oh no. Its my turn you have asked at least four questions already. I at least get to start." He says.

"Okay fine. Hit me with your best shot." Emma says with her arms crossed.

"Heard you went to juvy last year for theft. Any truth to that?" That question earned Killian a steely glare.

"Yes and no. I got arrested and I got community service. However I did not go to juvy. My turn. There are rumors going around that you were driving the car when Milah died, is that true?" Emma asks. Emma can see every muscle in Killian's body tense. She knew she hit a nerve.

"No, but I wish I was. Maybe I could have stopped her from dying." Emma can see the sadness and regret in his eyes. She senses that she has crossed a line.

"My turn. I heard a boy got you into being a criminal. Who was it?" It was Killian's turn to hit a nerve. That nerve was Neal, her ex. Her much older ex. The ex that her parents never knew about until she got arrested. Emma was instantly rooted to the spot as she flashed back to what happened.