part 1

Killian Jones is your cliché high school jock. I mean, for God's sake his car is called the Jolly Roger. His friends call him Hook, for his killer right hook. He is the best boxer in school, along with being the quarterback of the football team. And just her luck, Emma Swan has been assigned to write a piece for the newspaper on the high school's biggest star...

Emma rolls her eyes when she reads her next assignment from her newspaper teacher, who happens to be her mom.

"Mom, why me? Anyone else can do this," Emma whines. Mary Margaret swipes Emma's beautiful golden curls out of her eyes. Emma flinches out of her mother's range. She cannot stand it when her mother does that. Emma knows it's because Mary Margaret loves her, but they're at school come on.

"Because you're one of my best writers. Now, go get some pictures and an interview of him. It shouldn't be too hard. Your father could also give you a quote about Killian. Start there," Emma fiddles with the square glasses that are slightly too big for her face.

"Fine," she huffs, "I'll go talk to Dad." Emma picks up the camera and leaves.
Coach David is in the gym when Emma walks in. He wears jeans and a T-shirt, his shirt supports the school logo.

"Emma, what brings you here?" Coach David asks.

"Killian Jones. He's getting an article in the newspaper. I'm here to ask what you think of StoryBrooke's best football player?" Emma's voice drips with sarcasm.

"Emma, be nice. He's a good kid and a great quarterback," he says with a fond smile.

"You have to say that you are the coach, she retorts dryly. Emma's dad chuckles.

"It's the truth. He is a great captain and he always leads the team to victory." Emma gives him a skeptical glance as she writes that down.

"Come to practice today and see for yourself. You can interview him after."
She sighs, giving in, "Fine. I'll come by later."

"Sounds good, Em." She gives her father a smile and he gives her a hardy pat on the back as she walks out of the gym.

------

Through the lens of her camera, Emma could see Killian was being cocky and arrogant; but, she begrudgingly admitted to herself, he was a wonderful quarterback. All of his team mates follow his every word with ease. They all kept calling him Hook. What a stupid nickname. How do you even get called that? Emma jots all this down in her notebook. After practice is over, Coach David calls Killian over.

"Killian this is my daughter, Emma. She's writing an article for the newspaper on you. She wants to ask you some questions."

Hook raised his eyebrows at Emma, "Oh really? Alright," He turns to David, "Coach, would you mind if I took Emma with me to grab dinner? I am starving," he says with a gorgeous British accent. Emma begins to protest.

"Oh no, I am afraid my dad would never allow that," Emma says with a nervous chuckle.

David just shrugs, "Yeah that's fine, but, she needs to be home by 8:00. And no funny business," He says with his arms crossed. Emma panics internally, trying to worm her way out of dinner with "Hook."

"But Dad, we have that thing with Grandma Regina later," Emma counters. Her father just looks at her cluelessly.

"No, that's tomorrow. Anyways, have fun," He winks at Emma. Coach David walks away from them. Emma can't believe her dad couldn't, for the life of him, pick up on the fact she does not want to be around Killian anymore than she has to be.