Caught

Indigo's POV:

I wake up in a bed that's not nearly as comfy as mine, so instantly I'm alert. Seriously, have these guys never heard of spine problems?! I look around me, nervous. I don't see anyone.

I sigh slightly, unsure where I am or what will happen to me here. I'm probably still captured. Great. I wonder if they'll torture me. It happened once before, though it didn't last too long before I escaped. It's awful.

I hear a door open and pretend to still be asleep. Hopefully they'll just go away and I can have just a few minutes to think of an escape plan. Instead I hear a set of scratching, a little metallic clanging and a single foot. Hiccup? Toothless?

"She's still asleep, bud," Hiccup's voice sighs. "I hope she wakes up soon. She must be starving."

"Famished," I reply, snapping my eyes open. Dramatic, I know, but I'm not exactly known for being subtle when it isn't necessary. Hiccup jumps back from the bed I'm in. "Artemis! You scared me! How long have you been awake?"

"A few minutes," I tell him, sitting up and securing my...

... mask...

Hiccup backs away slightly when he realised I know my mask isn't up, holding up his hands in surrender. "I swear I didn't do that! When we got to you it was already down!"

"Who else saw my face?" I question. "Just us," he replied nervously. "Just me, Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, the twins and Heather."

"Nobody from Berk?"

"We never went to Berk. We're on Dragon's Edge."

Good, at least it's just them. I can erase their memories quickly, then I can leave and never return. I can't risk it. "I have to go," I tell Hiccup before pulling my mask up and heading towards the door.

Hiccup grabs my arm before I can exit. "Where are you going?" "I need to erase your memories of this," I snap, tugging my arm loose. "I can't let you figure anything out."

He looks hurt. "You'll really erase our memories just because we saw your face?" "Yes, it's called a precaution," I reply sarcastically. "Goodbye forever."

I move to leave again but this time Toothless is the one to hold me back by tackling me to the ground. "Toothless, not now," I snap. "You should know that I have no choice."

"What do you mean you have no choice?" Hiccup questions. "You know too much, you can't know all this!" I snarl. "Now get off of me, Toothless! This is serious!"

Toothless doesn't budge. "Toothless, you heard me," I glare at him, daring him to defy me. He still ignores me, though. The little devil.

"He'll get off if you stop trying to erase our memories," Hiccup blackmails me. "Then I guess I'm dying under a Night Fury," I retort.

Before he can say another word I scratch the sweet spot, causing the dragon on top of me to go limp. I push myself out from under him and start running to the door.

Of course I don't reach it before he catches me again. "Don't do it, we won't tell a soul," he tries to bargain. "You get no special treatment on the matter," I tell him. "Now quit it! It's not my decision to make! I need to protect them!"

"Artemis, do you really believe that we'll hurt your dragons?" He asks. "That's the whole point!" I yell. "It doesn't matter what I 'believe'! Believing that they'll be safe doesn't mean it'll be true! People can act or lie or trick you! I can't risk you guys being like that!"

The door opens and Heather comes in. "What's going on?" When she sees what's happening she steps over. "Where is Flashwing?" I demand. "She's in the stables," Heather replied. I nod and run, but yet again I'm stopped.

"What is your problem?! Let me get to my partner!" I order. "Hiccup, what's going on?" Heather asks, confused. "Artemis wants to erase our memories," he replied, not taking his gaze off of me.

"You've all seen me! You've seen too much! It's a necessary precaution!" "Hiccup, just let her go," Heather said after a moment. Hiccup paused. "What?"

"Clearly she's not going to change her mind no matter what you say, so there's no point in keeping her prisoner here," Heather said. "Besides, we cant lock her in here and away from her dragon just because you don't like what she's planning on doing."

"Thank you, Heather," I tell her gratefully. "Clearly some people here have half a brain to call theirs."

I try and leave again and this time I'm free to go. I whistle loudly once I'm outside, scanning the air. A screech answers my call and in no time a metallic, reptilian body is beside me.

"Flashwing, you alright?" I ask her. She rawks and nuzzles me affectionately. I pet her cool head. "They saw, didn't they?"

She paused and nodded sadly. I sigh slightly. "Looks like Camo will be making a little appearance. Let's go grab him."

I mount up and we fly off to get to Slitherwing Island. We'll stop off their to throw the others off our trail in case they're following us, then we'll go out to the sanctuary. It's also a good excuse to stock up on venom and catch up with Saffron.

Once we arrive I spot Saffron straight away, talking with the rest of her pod. As we swoop down to land, she noticed us and hisses in delight. Wish I could feel the same way.

"They saw," I tell her, pointing to my mask. She instantly stops playing around and freezes, shocked. "We're going to bring Camo over," I tell her. "We're just stopping by to throw a certain Night Fury off our trail when he undoubtedly comes after us."

As if on cue, three Slitherwings hiss defensively and slither into the trees. "Easy, we're just here to find a friend," his voice is unmistakable.

I sigh. "What did I tell you, Saffron? Don't kill them, just keep them busy for a while. I'll grab Camo." With that, Flashwing and I take off again, keeping close to the water to avoid being spotted leaving the island.