Keeping It In

While Snotlout struggles to come up with an answer, Stormfly swoops closer to me. "You know, I'd love to see how much control you have over Hookfang," Astrid smirks. I let out a low chuckle and click my tongue a few times. The moment Hookfang looks to me curiously I roll my finger. He rawks out and performs a few barrel rolls, startling Snotlout.

Astrid starts laughing. "How do you know that he understands what you want him to do, anyway?" "It's not too hard for them to grasp," I lie smoothly. The truth is we tried this trick with him occasionally back when I went to the school. He was always happy enough to obey just to annoy Snotlout, though we didn't do it often or when Snotlout would notice. It wound him up to no end.

"Hookfang, I'm gonna barf!" Snotlout screams. Since we don't really need to see that, I hold out my hand for Hookfang to stop spinning. He does so immediately and the first thing I notice about Snotlout is that he's looking a little green. Astrid laughs.

"Keep trying to sweet talk me and I'll send you for another ride," I blackmail Snotlout. "Now don't reply until you're feeling alright. I don't need to see you empty your stomach."

He opens his mouth to reply but his cheeks swell up slightly and it snaps shut again as he tries to keep his breakfast down. "There's a good boy," I taunt, smirking beneath my mask. Hopefully Snotlout will realise I'm the one in control here, though I highly doubt it'll stop him.

I heard him muttering, something about me being a 'stupid Dragon Master', but I ignored him and his overly inflated ego. "You know, it's hard to tell whether the dragon or the rider is the Monstrous Nightmare," I remark, earning howls and growls of laughter from human and dragon alike.

"Hey, who's that with Hi-"

I internally groan at the familiar voice. It's not that I dislike them, I really don't actually, but I'm tired of continuously meeting more and more people from my past. I turn to Fishlegs and Meatlug, who have flown over without me noticing.

Fishlegs is staring at me in amazement and for a second I start to worry that he's recognised me. He was always pretty observant, after all. I brace myself for him revealing my secret to the world.

"The Dragon Master! I heard that you'd come to Berk but I thought it was just rumours! I can't believe this!"

I almost sigh in relief. He's just freaking out over meeting me like the overexcitable knowledge freak he is. "I'd already left, actually, though that wasn't good enough for a certain Night Fury rider," I reply, once again throwing Hiccup under the Gronkle.

"He had her in his bed before I did," Snotlout makes his snide little remark. I glare at him and he gulps slightly. "You know, that's a pretty little head you've got right there," I say. "It would be an awful shame if someone tore it right from your fragile neck."

He leans away from me slightly. Good. He should be afraid of me, I am more than ready to fulfil my promises should I need to and I doubt any of my dragons would disagree with my choices.

"I can't believe you're real!" Fishlegs continues to gush. "I thought you were only a myth! This is incredible! Is it true that you live on an island filled with hundreds of tamed dragons?"

"I'm concerned at how you're getting this information on me, but yes, I do," I confirm. "What kind of dragons are there? Do you leave your island often or was there a special reason you helped Berk with the Death Song? What kind of defences does your island have? Is it true that you can train any dragon in the world? Is it true that you can erase people's memories?"

I have to hold up a hand to stop him. "I don't often leave my island, but since I was asked to help on a dragon-related issue I came here anyway. The island has many defences. So far I haven't met a dragon I couldn't tame. I can and have erased people's memories. I'll leave you to guess the rest."

"How do you erase people's memories, anyway?" Astrid asks me. "If I told you, I'd have to erase your memory of it," I reply. It's true; if people realised my Changewing was the key to erasing memories, they could use it on me. They could force me to share every ounce of my knowledge, force me to give up my partners, force me to hurt or even kill dragons. It's best that doesn't happen.

"It all sounds so interesting! I really wish I could see it all for myself!" Fishlegs says, hugging Meatlug, who rawks out in agreement. "Even if I know I can't."

I nod to him. So far he's the only one who seems to take the hint that I'm not going to share any details about my island's location with anyone and I respect him for that. It's very refreshing.

"What are we missing?" One of the twin's voices ask as they both fly over to join us. It's higher pitched, so I'm guessing it's the girl. Ruffnut, I think her name is. "Hiccup has the Dragon Master with him!" Fishlegs says immediately.

"Loki's returned!" The slightly deeper voice states. I think it's Tuffnut. "Don't even start with it," I sigh, rolling my eyes. "Whatever you say... Loki," Ruffnut teases. I don't bother to respond.

Toothless roars out and suddenly he's surrounded by the Gronkle and the Hiddeous Zippleback, who are trying to nuzzle my sides excitedly. "What's with all the dragons?" Hiccup asks me. "That's for them to know and you humans to not find out," I reply.

"Hey, is that one of your dragons?" Fishlegs asks, pointing to Valkyrie, who's looking between all the dragons around her. "She is now," I confirm. "She's beautiful! And she looks so fluffy!"

"Poor girl had a bit of a trim back where Hiccup showed me to her," I remark, glaring in Astrid's direction. To my surprise she backs away a little.

"Woah, do you tame dragons or Astrids?" Hiccup whispered to me. "You've got to teach me how you did that."