12. The Actual Proposal

Start from the beginning

"I like someone else." Her voice was barely above a whisper. Falak wanted to laugh at her situation.

"What? And how come I never knew?" She said folding her hands.

"Falak! I dont know, I'm not sure if he has the same feelings for me."

"And what if he does.... what if the feelings are indeed mutual?" Her question felt like a thunderbolt on her senses.

"It doesn't matter, it's too late now.!" She said trying to hold back the tears which were too anxious to break free.

"Are you married?"

"What?" Mehek jumped at her question.

"Did you sign the marriage certificate?" She continued asking her.

"Of course not why are you asking such insane questions." Her heart ached at the mention of Nikah. She couldn't imagine her life with anyone else rather than the one she loved.

"Then how come it's late Mehek.!" She questioned her with a duh tone.

"What do you want me to do? Should I just go and shout in front of the entire world that I'm not happy over this proposal, that I wanna get married to the one I love!?" She felt a lump in her throat.

"Oh!! Miss Juliet! There's no need to shout it in front of entire world. But you could've shared it with Me.... you could've asked for my help. But no little Miss. Mehek Sufiyan Rashid felt too egotistic to share her feelings with her bestie..... if you're that egotistic then i assume you don't need my help at all." Falak suddenly felt angry. Mehek panicked at the sudden change on Falak's behaviour.

"I'm sorry Falak. But I couldn't have shared it with you..... when it was...." Mehek was confused, she want able to comprehend how to explain it to Falak.

Falak glanced at Mehek, she looked troubled, her eyes were puffed her nose pink and her cheeks were flushed. She felt guilty of her prank.

"Falak, I'm sorry!!." Mehek hugged her.

"Its really Ok!" She kissed her forehead.

"Mehek there's something you need to know!" Falak said standing up and pacing to and fro.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Zaryab bhai is not your fiance!" She said holding her breath.

"What!!? Why?" Mehek asked shocked.

"Why!? What do you mean by Why? A few minutes ago you were sad that you're going to be engaged to Zaryab bhai and now you're asking Why!". She laughed at her question.

"My engagement is cancelled!?" She asked a bit too excited.

"No!! You're getting engaged... but not with Zaryab bhai!" She laughed, then turned serious at the thought of revealing the truth to her.

Mehek, who was having a close watch at Falak's expression thought something grave was going to happen.

"Oh my god!!! Am I getting married to an oldie!! Is that the reason I'm not informed about the guy?"She looked horrified.

Falak was stuck between laughing out loud or comforting her.

"Mehek!!! No.... listen to me please!" She laughed.

"Tell me Falak, am I a horrible person, a horrible daughter that my parents are gonna get me engaged to an old man.?" She asked shaking Falak violently.

"Mehek bhabhi, you're not going to be engaged to an old man!" She said laughing.

"Why are you laughing!!" Mehek glared at her.

"Because bhabhi jaan you have a very thick skull..... my poor brother." She said laughing hard.

"Your brother!? Where did your brother come into this?"

"Actually he is the head of the topic." She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Mehek just stood still trying to comprehend Falak's words.

"Don't stress yourself bhabhi jaan. Bhai won't appreciate looking at his bride in Juliet's state."

"Falak.... you.....wha.....how....!" Mehek was dumbstruck.

"Got it!? Or still need me to elobrate it!" When Mehek stood there with no expression, she sighed and added.

"You're getting engaged and Insha Allah married to my brother and the love of your life." She whispered near her ear.

Mehek gawked at her, still trying to process her words.

"Ohho! Bhabhi dear, have a little mercy on your sister-in-law she has already worked real hard to unite two dumb people, who are not even capable of accepting their feelings for each other." That's when Mehek came back to her senses.

"How could you? I was dying here knowing that I'm going to be someone else's wife and why are you laughing like a lunatic!? What's so funny?" She glared at Falak when she started laughing.

"Trust me Mehek!! I really enjoyed seeing this Juliet side of yours! Never thought my bhai has a Juliet after himself." Falak laughed harder when Mehek blushed.

"Awww!!! My bhabhi is adorable.!" She ran out giggling.

Hi my strawberries,
*I love strawberries*😍😙😉

Hope you're all doing good.👍

Since the last chapter was very short I made this chapter a bit long.😄

Hope you enjoy reading it!🤔

So let me know, how was the chapter.🤗

I'm always desperate to read your comments, so please comment, share and vote.

Take care..
With love
Kiara💞