« seven: the rocket-ship »

________________________________________

『 prompt seven: the rocket-ship 』

"Write about a rocket-ship on its way to the moon or a distant galaxy far, far away."
________________________________________

     Looking out of the windows, the dark sky was all around. Bright stars twinkled, close by, and another million miles away.

     Heather was more than thrilled to have the opportunity to go to space. It was something she had been planning for ever since she was a young girl and attending space camp over the summer.

     She could hardly believe how far she had come, especially now, seeing the moon, moving closer and closer.

     Heather wanted to fly further than just the moon though. She wanted to fly to heaven. She wanted to see her father, and she wanted for him to see where she was in life.

     Memories of sitting next to her father, snuggled up while reading books about space flashed through her mind as she felt tears staining her cheeks.

     Heather was proud of how far she had come, and she hoped that her father was proud of her too.

    As Heather took her first step on the moon, she still looked up, wondering what was still out there and past the stars, "this one's for you, Dad."