Chapter Three

Kallie Jones.

As soon as we walked into my house, my parents were all over me: hugging me and asking me repeatedly if I was okay.

"I'm fine!" I shouted, pushing my parents away from me. They stepped back and looked at me. "I just wanna know what's going on! And how Snow knew I would be in trouble?" I asked, glancing over at my grandmother as she leaned against the door frame in the living room where we were. The room fell silent as soon as I said that. My parents exchanged looks with each other, debating if they should tell me or not.

"Your mother asked me to keep an eye on you today." Snow spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Why?"

My mom sighed and walked towards me. "Kallie." She spoke softly, kneeling before me with my dad behind her."There's someone from your father, and I's past that is back in Storybrooke." She admitted. I crossed my arms before my chest, waiting to hear more. She opened her mouth to say more but stopped herself.

"Who?" I asked, then glanced up at my dad for answers. "Felix?"

"Someone much worse than him." My dad replied. My eyes narrowed at him.

"Whatever's going on, I can handle it," I assured them. "I'm fourteen. I'm not a little kid anymore."

My mom put her hand on my shoulder. "You have no idea who we're dealing with, Kallie."

"Your mother's right." My dad agreed. "He's a bloody demon." My dad added, sounding like his old pirate self. Whoever this guy was, my dad knew him long before he met Mom.

"Who?" I questioned again, getting frustrated. My head turned to the other of them. "Who are you all afraid of?" My mom sighed, glancing at my dad. I hoped she would have me a name or something. If they were dangerous, would they tell me something about them to ensure I knew who to avoid?

"Kallie, trust us." My mom's gaze fell back on me. "You don't wanna know," I growled under my breath, shaking my head. Angry, I pushed past my parents and ran upstairs.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Emma Swan.

Pushing past her father and me, Kallie ran upstairs. I jumped up to my feet and went after her when Killian stopped me.

"Emma, give her some time to cool down." He said. I glanced at him and nodded, crossing my arms before my chest. I sighed heavily as Mary Margret stepped into the living room. Killian and I never kept secrets from Kallie, but in this case, we had to. It was the only way to protest Kallie from Pan. If she knew what he did to Henry, it would crush her.

"I don't understand." Mary Margret spoke up, breaking the silence once again. My head turned, flicking my eyes up at her. "Why would Pan come after Kallie at all?" She questioned. "It's not like she has the heart of the truest believer just because she's related to Henry." She did have a point. Why go through the trouble of breaking out of hell if he can't live without that heart?

Henry had the heart of the truest believer and always will.

Kallie, on the other hand, was like me. The product of true love, born once again, with my luck, also cursed with magic.

I truly hoped not. As an adult, I didn't know how to handle it. I couldn't imagine how harder it would be for a child—possibly ten times more frightening with this gift.

"Revenge," Killian spoke, pulling me back into reality. Mary Margret and I looked over.

"For what?" She questioned.

"With him, it doesn't matter the reason." He replied. "He likes playing games."

"I'm not letting him play games with Kallie's life." I snapped. My blood boiled inside my body, balling my fists. The thought of Kallie being anywhere near that monster drove me crazy. Henry was younger than Kallie's age when Pan took him, and I was a mess back then. I was not doing it again with her. "I went through this years ago, Henry. There's no way I'm going through this again with our daughter." They stared at me for a few seconds, speechless at my outburst.

"We won't let it happen, Luv." He said, walking over to me. He wrapped his arm around my waist. "We will protect Kallie from Pan. We're just going to need a little help."

"You're right." I nodded, agreeing with my husband. I took a deep breath and flipped a switch inside me. Not only was I a mother, but I was also the sheriff of Storybrooke. I had to treat these like any other case. "First thing we need to do is get Kallie somewhere safe, where Pan won't think to find her."

"What about Regina's vault?" Mary Margret suggested. "It has a protection spell around it. I can call Regina to meet us there?"

"Good idea," I replied. "You meet Regina at the vault. Killian and I will try and find the original lost boys. One of them must have an idea of where Pan would-"

A scream echoed through the house, making us jump.

"Kallie," I whispered. Killian and I exchanged worried looks and rushed upstairs to our daughter's bedroom.

☆ EDITED: MARCH 30TH, 2023 ☆

EDITED: MARCH 30TH, 2023