"How much money were you paid by Mr. and Mrs. McAllister to be friends with their daughter?"

Sorcha held her breath at the question that Ms. Stumps asked Abigail. Abigail finally glanced nervously at Sorcha before she stared at Ms. Stumps. Abigail shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not really sure of the total amount of money given to me. "It started off with $100 a week. It gradually was increased as the months went by. I received a bonus each year depending on how much information I was able to gather."

"How many years were you friends with Ms. McAllister?"

Abigail frowned as if trying to remember. "I believe that we became friends in Junior High. I've been out of school for ten years so I'd say 12-13 years."

Ms. Stumps was quiet as if she was mentally doing some math in her head. "Let's say that you earned $100 a week for 52 weeks. That's $5,200 a year without bonuses or getting a pay raise. That would mean that you earned at least $62,000. Does that sound about right?"

"Yes. I received enough money to live a very privileged lifestyle."

Ms. Stumps nodded. "Thank you. I have no more questions now."

Judge Cummings ordered a recess while the jury went in to deliberate the sentencing of Sorcha's parents. Abigail's trial would be later in the year unless she pleads guilty. Several hours went by before the call came in that the jury had reached a verdict. Sorcha headed back to the courthouse. It was 5pm. The jury had been deliberating for 6 hours.

The bailiff handed the judge the paper that the lead jury member handed him. Judge Cummings read the paper and handed it back to the bailiff.

"Has the jury reached a verdict?"

The head jury member stood up. "We have your honor."

"And what are your findings?"

The jury member took a deep breath. "Guilty."

Sorcha was shocked as she listened to the judge asked the jury what verdict they came up with for each count leveled against her parents. The answer came back guilty each time. Sorcha wasn't even aware of what the judge was saying till he pounded his gravel making her jump.

The Judge handed Sorcha's parents their sentences. They were going away for a long time. Sorcha hoped that they served their entire term. If they came up for parole Sorcha was going to be there testifying as to why they shouldn't get out. The bailiff escorted her parents out. Sorcha watched them go never flinching when they shot her looks of hate.

Calleach leaned over and whispered in Sorcha's ear. "Let's go celebrate."

"Thank you Ms. Stumps for all you've done."

Ms. Stumps shook Sorcha's hand and smiled. "It was my pleasure."

She shook hands with Calleach. "Tell your mother hello for me next time you see her."

Calleach laughed. "I will Karen. Next time your back in Scotland, drop by for a visit."

"I think I'll do that."

Sorcha left the courthouse with Calleach and her cousins. She still refused to speak to the media. Zaranth and Amaranth paused long enough to give a brief statement before they too walked on. Sorcha didn't care. She was walking on air. Her parent's reign of terror was finally over. She didn't have to worry about them for a long time now.

"How could you Sorcha?" Ella's voice intruded on Sorcha's bubble of happiness. Sorcha motioned to Calleach that she would be a moment. Calleach squeezed her hand and let her go. Sorcha turned to face her sister. Ella stood before her dressed in a pale blue Ralph Lauren dress with expensive matching shoes by some designer Sorcha didn't now. Her hair was pulled back into a sleek bun and her makeup was immaculate. Tears swam in Ella's eyes as she glared at Sorcha.

"You're a liar!"

"I am not liar, Ella. Mom and Dad made sure that you never saw what they did to me. You were their perfect child and they didn't want you coming to my defense."

Ella crossed her arms defiantly. "I hate you."

A soul weary sigh escaped Sorcha. "And I have done nothing but love you. Do some soul searching Ella? You have my number."

Sorcha left Ella standing there by herself as she went and rejoined Calleach. They all decided to go to Hays and eat at one of the more popular restaurants. Everyone was in a good mood and several toasts were done. Sorcha decided to let nothing worry her tonight. Tonight she was celebrating with the knowledge that she was finally free of her parents.