Part 3

Monday dawned overcast and gray. Sorcha remained cheerful as she greeted everyone at work. She was surprised to come into the office to find Calleach already at work. He looked up when she walked through. Sorcha gave him a smile as she got busy opening the office and getting to work. Sorcha was busy checking her email when she felt someone watching her.

"How's your friend?"

Sorcha jumped slightly and turned to find Calleach leaning against the door to her office. He looked yummy today with his dress clothes and plaid tie. Sorcha shrugged as she swiveled in her chair to face Calleach.

"She's good."

"Do you do this every weekend?"

"No, we get together about once or twice a month to watch movies and drink."

All Calleach did was nod his head. Sorcha grew a little uncomfortable as Calleach continued to stare at her. She was just getting ready to ask him if he could stop staring when a customer walked in. Sorcha gave a quiet sigh of relief as Calleach went back to his office.

Calleach barely spoke to Sorcha for the rest of the day. Three o'clock came and Sorcha was signing out at the time clock when Calleach walked by. He paused before he wished her a good day and continued on down the hall. Sorcha just shook her head as she left the building and headed home.

Sorcha sighed as she changed out of her work clothes and into more comfortable clothes. She did some housework and fixed supper before she laced up her running shoes and went for a run. Sorcha enjoyed running. It was a way to calm her mind and to forget about her life. Some days Sorcha could run several miles and other days she could barely run one. It all depended on how her knee felt.

The sound of tennis shoes striking the street was a constant beat as Sorcha's shoes ate up the miles. Her knee was feeling great and so Sorcha ran for a long time. She ran over to Abigail's house to check on her before she headed back home. Sorcha was just getting to the house she rented when she spotted a familiar red mustang driving down the street. Sorcha waved as she turned the corner, but was forced to stop as her Mom flagged her down.

Sorcha bent down so that she could talk to her mother through the passenger side window of her brand new Ford Mustang. Her mother only stopped long enough to tell Sorcha that she needed to be nicer to Ella and then she sped off making Sorcha jump away from the car. Sorcha watched her mother speed away before she let her head fall back and closed her eyes as she tried to control her temper. Sorcha turned and went back to running and she ran an extra mile just because her mother pissed her off.

The next day at work Calleach asked her how often she went running and Sorcha told him the truth. She showed him her knee and the scar that was still fading. Calleach studied her scar and asked her how often it hurt her. Sorcha shrugged and said it depended on the day and that it helped when Bishop would massage it. Calleach didn't seem too happy about that which Sorcha found odd.

Work went by quickly that week which was good because it kept Sorcha's mind occupied. There was something different about Calleach. She found him hot and totally sexy. He was unlike any man she'd ever met. It seemed that Sorcha ran into him a lot around town and she wondered if it was accidental or on purpose. Calleach was busy, but he always made time to talk to her.

Sorcha looked forward to the weekend just to have a break from the electric field that Calleach seemed to carry around him. She knew when he was near because it caused her to shiver and think erotic thoughts, which wasn't good when the man was your coworker. Sorcha had a rule about dating coworkers. She had dated a boy during college who she worked with and when they broke up things got real awkward really quick.