Clinging To Me

{Ellie's P.O.V.}

Codi looked down at her cold hands. I looked into her eyes waiting for a response. Her now shivering body sat there.

"Well," I took a step back and reached for my phone, "you can tell me whatever you're hiding from me when you're ready. I'm always here to listen."

She finally showed emotion and gave me a faint smile.

"I'll be right back in. I have to go outside to make a call."

Before leaving I went back into my room to receive the yellow paper of doom. I heard some movement in the living room as I stepped out onto the balcony and shut the sliding door. Stacey, my therapist, decided it'd be helpful to add in more visits with her. I think it's absolute shite and I do not want to go at all.

But, ever since I had one of my attacks right in front of her, she's been keeping tabs on me like a hawk.

"Hello this is Stacey speaking, how may I help you?"

"Hey-Stacey? It's Ellie."

Her tone of voice jumped up, "Oh, Ellie! I've been waiting for you to call. Did you get my letter?"

I gave her a low 'mhm'.

"Great. Well, what do you say? I honestly think it's the best thing right now."

My head shook in my hands.

"To be honest, I'd rather spend my Saturdays in a room with children who have had tons of sugar."

Stacey took a while to respond. "Well, if that's how you feel then I won't force the visits on you. But they're strongly suggested. I'm only a call away. I have to go now, goodbye."

"Yup," I hung up gladly and walked back in. Codi was still sitting at the kitchen counter.

I crumbled up the paper and threw it away in the trash bin. Codi looked up to me when I sat down on the chair right next to hers. Her body flinched a little bit when I moved closer to her. Our faces turned away from each other as we sat in silence.

This silence could kill someone. It was too silent. My arm crawled up to hold her back. I slowly led my other hand to sweep under her knees and lift her onto my lap. Codi finally looked into my eyes. My eyes found her lips and she leaned her head down so our faces were level. I lightly pecked her lips with mine, making her lean back slightly, not knowing if she wanted to trust me or not.

"Codi," I began drawing shapes on her back with my pointer finger. "I want you to know something."

She looked down at my lips just as I was to hers and nodded, waiting for me to continue.

"Like I said before, you can trust me with whatever you tell me. And to prove that to you, I'm going to do this..."

My arms wrapped tighter around her legs and I pulled her closer to me. I placed a gentle but loving kiss on her soft lips. We moved in perfect sync, our bodies rolling off of one another. She tried turning away so I stopped and moved one of my hands to hold her neck.

"What's wrong?"

She shook her head and moved off my lap to stand up. Her left hand held her right elbow and rubbed up and down. I swirled the chair around so I was facing her and put my hands in hers.

"I want to tell you, I do. But you will just push away from me and I know it. It's happened before. I can't chance it."

I leaned forward and put my fingers in her belt loops and pulled her closer to me.

"I would never push you away from me."

This time Codi leaned into me and placed a love-filled kiss on my lips. I felt her now warm hands travel around my back. At this moment I just wanted to stay with her forever. She was perfect to me, and I couldn't help but try my best to show that to her.

She brought our foreheads together and rubbed her nose against mine. For once she was showing love for me that wasn't forced out of her. I enjoyed that. I savoured it while I could. She sat down on my lap again and I could feel her legs tighten around my waist.

"I was..."

I placed delicate kisses along her arms.

"You were what?"

"I was..."

Her voice became dry and she sank her body into mine. I held her tightly as she nested her head in my chest.

"I don't know how to word this.."

I rubbed her back.

"It's okay, you can take your time."

We sat together, just enjoying each others presence. No kissing, no touching tongues, just simply hugging each other. I could feel her warm breathing on my neck. A natural smile lingered on my face.

"I was ra-.."

She couldn't finish her sentence, but she didn't need to. I knew what was coming next. A heart splitting '-ped' added onto the 'ra-'. She shook in my arms and I could do nothing more than comfort her and show her I wouldn't be like that. She was my everything right now, she was all I had. All I had to help me, and to keep me calm. She was my safe haven, my storm starter. That storm that ignites in me and lets me know that my love for her is endless. Because it is.

A/N

OKAY OKAY IM REALLY SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG AND THIS IS SUCH A SHIT CHAPTER, IT'S SO SHORT I KNOW IM HORRIBLE BUT I JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUYS AN UPDATE AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE FOR THIS CHAPTER GEESE LOUISE IM SORRY