SVT NEXT DOOR | 4 ✓

SVT NEXT DOOR | 4

Areum's POV

My mind scattered like fallen leaves carried away by a gust of wind as Dino called out my name once more. I stared at him, my thoughts in disarray, uncertain of how to respond.

"Are you alright, noona?" he asked, his head tilting to the side in a gesture that was undeniably endearing. The warmth in his eyes revealed his genuine concern.

Summoning strength from within, I conjured a small smile and exhaled softly, "I'm fine."

Though his gaze hinted at skepticism, Dino chose not to push further. It was as if he possessed an innate understanding, an ability to perceive the unspoken depths of my emotions. And in that moment, I found solace in his intuitive presence.

"It's getting late, Dino," I said, my eyes instinctively rising to the expanse of the night sky before returning to meet his gaze. "Let's retire for the night. Goodnight."

Without waiting for his response, I spun on my heel and stepped into my bedroom, closing the door behind me. The ambiance of the room enveloped me, cocooning me in a solitude that felt both comforting and suffocating.

~♥~

Dino's baffled expression lingered as he retreated into the confines of his shared bedroom with Joshua, Seungcheol, Wonwoo, and Mingyu. 

With a heavy sigh, he closed the balcony door behind him, shutting out the cool night breeze. The room was cast in a dim glow, courtesy of the moon's gentle illumination seeping through the curtains.

A familiar voice reached Dino's ears, breaking the silence that enveloped the space. "What's with that look on your face, maknae?" 

It was Joshua, his soft tone laced with curiosity. Dino turned his attention to the older member, surprise evident in his eyes. "Oh hyung, you're not sleeping yet?"

Joshua's smile was faint but genuine. "I was video chatting with my mother in California," he explained, the warmth of familial connection palpable in his voice.

Nodding absentmindedly, Dino slipped into his own bed, positioned opposite Joshua's. 

Leaning back against the plush headboard, he exhaled deeply, his thoughts filled with the enigmatic presence of Lee Areum. 

There was something about her that captivated him, an air of mystery that both intrigued and perplexed him.

"Areum noona seems so mysterious," Dino mused aloud, the words more directed at himself than anyone else. 

Joshua, perceptive as ever, perked up at the mention of the girl next door, his curiosity piqued.

"What do you mean?" he inquired, his raised brow barely visible in the dimness of the room. 

His senses were attuned to every word that Dino uttered, eager to unravel the secrets that surrounded Areum.

Dino sighed once more, his voice laced with a tinge of longing. "She's just...mysterious," he replied, the weight of his words hanging in the air, unresolved and shrouded in uncertainty.

The room fell into a hushed stillness, broken only by the soft sounds of breathing. Dino's tiredness seeped into his bones, coaxing him into a slumber he could no longer resist. 

And so, without further words, he succumbed to the drowsiness that embraced him, leaving Joshua to grapple with his own restless thoughts.

As the night wore on, Joshua found himself caught in the ebb and flow of dreams. Visions of Lee Areum danced through his mind, elusive and ethereal, stirring emotions he had yet to fully comprehend.