Chapter 2: The Foretellers

Haru was once told that when a human is confronted by a sight beyond all belief or comprehension humans do one of three things; the first is they reject what they see assuming it's make-belief. The second is one becomes fearful of the sight seeking to run as away as possible – to be 'safe' – to then rationalise it. The third...is where Haru fits where one simply accepts the view before them. Not to the say the view was within his comprehension...but a strange gut instinct told him this was all real.

A bright town, the building all white with thatched roofs were present before my eyes. A crisp clean sky with sparse clouds glided over my head, while a subtle breeze that cradled the scent of flowers hit my nostrils. I saw I was in a circular plaza of some sorts, a fountain in the centre spewing clean blue water onto a open dish. Mid-teens and late teens, for now no adults, were the populace each running away, speaking to each other or communicating with the cat like creatures that even bounded with each step or fluttered behind them.

Ava, the girl in the fox mask, smiled "I welcome you to Daybreak town, where we gather chosen hopefuls – like yourself – to take part in the gathering of the light" he blinked, asking on pure instinct

"The gathering of light?" he asked trying to make some sense of what was happening "What's that?"

"Exactly how it sounds" said the cat companion

"I promise to explain everything soon" said Ava "But first I need to take you to the Master of Masters" I was about to open my mouth when "He's kinda the founder and my mentor, he'll help you out" only to be closed

"Well...umm...lead the way" he simply said.

He followed Ava through the town, the town full of joy, cheerfulness and energy. The town was a happy one...without a hint of despair. People were happy, energetic, running round and at best were bickering over a shirt or a game. It was as he looked down to the left...he had to stop. My eyes glanced over two young woman warriors, but not the women themselves...but the weapon in their hands.

Each were wielding a strange weapon of a familiar design, or a shape...a key. The weapons had box like hands – square with a bar through the middle – with a sleek cylindral base and a shape that stuck out at the end. One was mostly grey with neon lights and the other black and white with pipes "Hmm...Ms Ava?" Iheasked

"No please...call me Ava" she said with a chuckle "no need for formalities"

"Or if you must" said the cat companion "Call her master Ava if need's be"

"Could I...go with that for now?" though Haru was permitted, for now he felt more comfortable calling her Master or least more urgently to retain his strangely calm sanity "Right Master Ava...those weapons, what are they? The one's those girl's are holding"

Master Ava held out her hand until with a flash of light, another weapon forged and with sheer surprise he jumped back. Hers was a sleek purple, with a curved base, an oval hand, and two prongs with a diamond metal bar betwenn them. The prongs though were rounded and smooth.

After I catch my breath I come back up "This...is a keyblade" she said proudly holding it "a special weapon in which we triumph over the darkness and safeguard the light. It's a weapon that we Masters earned through our teachings, or that we are gifted by forces unknown"