Chapter 3 - Me, Myself &...

Start from the beginning

A slight rush of embarrassment came over me as he continued to stare in my direction.

"Hey I'm going to get a drink, anyone else?" Jess asked as she stood up.

"No thanks," I replied.

"I'll come," both Jinnie and Erica said at the same time.

"You have got to stop doing that," Erica complained.

"Me? It's you that copies everything that I say," Jinnie threw back at her.

"Yeah right, I'm a straight A student why would I want to copy someone who barely gets an F," she said with a smirk on her face.

"Oh shut up, that was once. I got an F once. Let it go!"

"Yeah whatever you say sis," Erica replied.

"Back in a minute," Jess said to me as she laughed at Jinnie and Erica's rather petty disagreement.

I suddenly felt the vibration of my phone and slipped it out of my bag. It was a message from my mom.

Hey sweetie. Hope that you are having a lovely time. Don't forget if you need a lift then just text. Oh and I'm so proud of you and I love you so much. Ok and I'm going to stop now, sorry! Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Momxx

A smile crept onto my face as I read the message over, twice. It was sweet but more importantly she was actually texting. It took me months just to get her to understand what a text actually was. I pressed reply and quickly began typing my message back.

Hey mom. I'm having a lovely time thanks and wow your actually texting. Thanks for checking on me and I luv u2 (that means I love you too by the way lol) xX April Xx

As I pressed send, I felt a shadow tower over me. As I looked up, it was the guy that had been staring at me earlier. I could suddenly feel my face becoming hotter.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" He said, pointing at the empty space next to me.

"It is but it should be vacant for at least five minutes," I said as I threw him a smile.

"Pretty and funny, nice," he said, smiling back at me. His comment took me by surprise as I was not even trying to be funny, in fact I was quite nervous.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't find him attractive. As he sat down, he threw his big hand through his light brown hair. I wondered what he was actually going to say as his hazel eyes once again met with mine.

"I'm Jake by the way," he said as he continued to stare directly at me.

"April," I replied.

"I know, you're Crystal's friend".

"Yeah, you know Aiden, right?"

"Yeah, we go to the same music school".

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate again. It was from my mom.

"Sorry," I said as I began to read the text.

"It's ok, I'm not going anywhere for now," he replied with a smile on his face.

Good, I'm glad that you are happy. I do know what it means April, I'm not that old. Oh and by the way what is lol?

Mom xx

I let out a laugh as I read the last sentence.

"Anything worth sharing?" Jake asked.

"No just a joke message," I said as I tried to straighten my face. I quickly typed my message.