38- The Weekend

HAILEY'S POV

The week passed by painfully slow, but I finally woke up on Friday after dreaming about Draco all week. I got ready, and almost ran down to breakfast, almost not being able to contain myself.

"Morning, love!" Cedric exclaimed as he saw me.

"Hi," I said back, a huge smile on my face. I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder as I grabbed the first thing I saw and shoved it in my mouth.

"And why is my girl so excited today?" Cedric asked, laughing a little as my smile widened. I started feeling the guilt because my happiness was due to another boy but said the first thing that came to mind.

"It's Friday, Diggory, why aren't you smiling?" I asked, placing a hand on his cheek. Emily awed.

"Well, normally I would be but this Friday is just a reminder of Saturday." He answered, avoiding eye contact.

"What's Saturday?" I asked, terribly confused. Everyone at the table seemed to think I was insane. "What?"

"Hailey... darling, the final task is on Saturday..." Cedric explained, and anxiety began to set up camp in my chest.

"Oh." I breathed. How could I of forgotten? My smile was absent from the rest of breakfast.

"Hey, Hails?" Cedric called as me and all the Hufflepuffs started to rise. His hand grabbed my wrist.

"Diggory?" He waited until all his friends had left before letting go of my wrist and rubbing the nape of his neck. He was nervous.

"Can you meet me at Hufflepuffs Tower before dinner? There's something I have to talk to you about..." He mumbled, staring at the ground.

"Uh sure? Should I be worried?" I joked as he kissed my cheek. He gave me a quick smile and then ran off to join his friends.

Did he hear me or did he just not want to tell me the answer?

I thought about what Cedric could possibly need to talk about all of the 10 minutes it took me to get from the Great Hall to Potions, until I saw bleach blonde hair sitting in the seat next to mine. From that point on, my brain was all on him.

He was eating a green apple, which gave me the impression he had skipped breakfast again and was working on something.I wrapped my arms around him from behind and placed a single kiss on his neck after noticing we were the only ones in the class. The Hufflepuffs must have left really early.

"Hailey!" He grinned at me over his shoulder after he swallowed his bite of apple and quickly turned around on his stool to pull me in between his legs.

"Morning," I answered quietly as he moved in to put a gentle kiss on my lips. I kissed him back a few times, but then remembered where we were. "Save it for later, Malfoy," I whispered onto his lips and mentally high-fived myself when I heard the quiet, low groan coming from the back of his throat.

Potions passed quickly, along with the rest of my classes and finally, I walked over to Hufflepuffs tower before dinner like Cedric said.

There were multiple Hufflepuffs walking out of the common room heading for the Great Hall, so I just slipped past them and in through the door. He was sitting on a couch in the middle of the room in front of the fireplace with all his friends. He was laughing until he saw me, and the smile immediately vanished from his face.

"Uh oh, I sense some tension here." Sam whispered to Kellan, but not quiet enough that I missed it. I immediately grew nervous. Did he know something I didn't? Had Cedric told them what he wanted to tell me? I stared at the ground and rubbed my arm.