6- Quidditch

HAILEY'S POV

After Defence Against The Dark Arts, I rushed back to Beauxbatons tower to change. I found a cute outfit, changed and as I was about to leave, Celeste came in, as frantic as I had ever seen her.

"Are you okay?" I laughed a little as my best friend rushed around the room.

"Dean asked me to watch the game with him!" She sighed. "I don't know what to wear or say!"

"You'll be fine, you're Celeste," I said as though it were obvious. She froze and looked at me, a smile creeping on her face.

"You're so right, I don't know why I was so worried." She exclaimed, then laughed. "Are you going?"

"Yea, Ron and Harry invited me," I said.

"Great, you can meet Dean!" Celeste smiled, but I bit my lip.

"Actually, I promised Ron and his friends I'd sit with them.

"Shame, Dean's gorgeous." She mumbled, and I laughed.

///

The score was very close the entire game. At one point, Harry was hit by a Slytherin member illegally (according to Ginny), though no call was made, and Harry fell off his broom, dangling. He held on with one hand and everyone was worried. I didn't miss how Hermione's hand shot to grab Ron's for comfort and the way his knuckles went white as he held on tightly.

Gryffindor won the match. Draco seemed very upset. I had noticed he was the seeker for the Slytherin team about halfway through the match, after Ron started going on about how unfair he played, and Ron was right. Draco threw his broom on the ground and marched off towards the change-rooms, as another boy from his team grabbed it for him and chased him into the change room.

The crowd starting to disappear, and when I stood Hermione grabbed my wrist.

"We normally wait here for Harry." She smiled and let go as I sat back down.

"How'd you like the game?" Ron asked, getting up from his spot beside Hermione to sit in front of us.

"I loved it," I said. I wanted nothing more than to play myself. Harry crossed the pitch after that and made his way over to us.

"You did great, Harry!" I exclaimed, and he gave me a toothy smile, running a hand through his hair.

"Thanks, Hailey." He said, stepping over the barrier to join us in the stands, He gave me a quick side hug, and everyone stood up. As I was about to stand, I saw Draco coming out of the changeroom out of the corner of my eye, towards us.

"Coming?" Ron asked when he turned around and noticed I was still sitting.

"Huh? Oh, yea!" I responded, quickly getting up and joining them.

Dinner was nothing special and I spent the rest of my night dreading tomorrow's Potions class. I fell asleep wondering if tomorrow, Draco would be nicer to me. For some reason, I hoped he would be.

///

On Tuesday, Draco told me I was so unqualified to be in this year of Potions class and to be his partner.

On Wednesday, Draco told me I was stupid and unworthy of my pure-blood status. Later that day, I sat with Ron, Hermione and Ginny again as Gryffindor faced Slytherin again in another Quidditch match. Draco made unfair play after unfair play, and got called on it this time. He played so dirty, the snitch was given to Harry. Given! According to Ron, that's the first time it's had to happen in a century!

As I stood to leave with Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny, I saw him storm out of the change room, a taller, larger boy yelling at him furiously. I assumed it was the captain of the Slytherin team.