Chapter One | Beginning

It wasn't supposed to happen like this. It was just a camping trip. Just a stupid camping trip. But then it was more.

He started growing suspicious about two hours into the trip. At that point, he and Richard had gotten the tents set up while Mark and Erik had started up a campfire.

He thought he was just seeing things, but he quickly became focused on a figure he was sure he was seeing. He was pulled away when he heard his name.

"Hey! Nick! Idiot! You alive there?" Richard called, his voice almost a snap. He was probably trying get his attention a few times.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm here," Nick said, giving a nod before settling down beside Richard at the fire.

"Are you actually okay, though?" Mark asked, being a bit more worried that Richard had been just a moment before.

"Yeah! Just thought I saw something."

He frowned as he saw a few weird looks from the three others.

"I promise."

He settled down as he four sat and talked, Nick calling Richard a dick anytime he made a stupid comment and Mark and Erik snorting at the nickname.

It wasn't until a few hours after it became dark that Nick was startled awake by what sounded like a hundred sticks being snapped at once. He glanced around, confused as he saw that Richard hadn't woken up.

He was about to lay down and fall back asleep, before he heard the noise again. That made him slip on his glasses and bolt up. He slightly winced as he noticed the other shift in his sleep, before quietly walking out of the tent.

The next events went by extremely quickly and agonizingly slow.

He felt a hand clamp down on his arm and another on his mouth. He didn't even hesitate to start struggling. The next moment, he felt himself being tugged down to the ground. Hard. The last thing he felt and saw was a fake figure kicking him in the side of the head.

Then everything went black.