"Good morning." he announced himself.

His Autobots turned around to address him but all stopped and looked at him wide optics and open mouths that looked like their jaws were about to drop off their hinges. Optimus didn't like it.

"Is something wrong?" he inquired.

Bumblebee, Arcee and the two little mechlings started laughing whilst Ratchet struggled not to.

"Optimus... Have you perhaps wondered why Miko might have run off in the night?" Ratchet asked with a massive grin.

Optimus cocked his head to one side.

"Yeah, it seems like she realised that you might not be happy with her little project!" Race wiped away the tears forming in her optics from laughing hard.

"...Project?" Optimus was confused.

"Look in the monitor, Optimus" Ratchet chuckled as he switched his monitor scree onto a video feed that had Optimus filling it.

"Optimus' remains stoic as ever before cocking an eyebrow up, forming his unimpressed look.

He was pink.

Bright pink.

Miko had painted him pink during his recharge!

"Okay, Optimus, go get cleaned up and we'll go look for Miko" Arcee giggled as she stood up with Jack in her arms.

The Prime nodded and turned in the direction of the wash racks. He wasn't necessarily angry that the sparkling had painted him but it annoyed him that the sparkling had somehow managed to outsmart him. How had he not found any clue of the paint she had used? He shook his head in disbelief and continued on.

/-\

Miko was found asleep in the vents, smothered in the pink paint herself, way after Optimus had scrubbed all of the pink paint off of himself. In fact, it had taken the team so long to locate he that they became worried. Once they had a hold of her, she was instantly handed to Optimus who gave her a stern look. She giggled, already knowing what the Prime had looked like in a coat of pink paint. She was slightly disappointed that he'd washed it off though.

"Miko. I'm not happy with you or your actions." he said to her.

She looked up at him with the most innocent look she could muster.

"By the looks of it she needs a bath." Bumblebee commented with an amused speck in his optics.

"Not before she eats and gets a change." Ratchet insisted and passed Optimus a bottle of warm low grade energon.

Both mechs gave thankful sighs when Miko didn't struggle and immediately latched onto the bottle and began suckle. It wasn't long before she was sucking in air and Optimus pulled the bottle from her mouth, ignoring her annoyed squeak. He lifted her to his shoulder and began to pat her back, being careful not to pat too hard so he didn't hurt her little wing nubs. Soon enough she burped and then her, from what it seemed, new guardian began walking into the wash racks and preparing a small bath for her. While he waited for the bath to cool off a bit, he began to change the little femme, which as always proved to be a difficult task.

It didn't get any better for the red and blue mech as for some reason, being put in the warm water of the bath seemed to trigger the sensors on her wing nubs and she instantly began whining and struggling.

"Hush, Miko. It is alright" Optimus tried soothing her.

It didn't work, she continued to struggle against his hold on her and the Prime realised it was probably the best thing to wash her as quickly as he could.