"Let's find out what's wrong with you, little one" Ratchet cooed as he stopped the sparkling from continuing to push and kick at his chest. Miko then found herself restrained by the medic and began squealing and burbling loudly and angrily.

The medic turned his head when he heard Optimus rising from the berth and stretching.

"Have a nice recharge?" Ratchet smirked knowingly. He'd seen the state of Optimus' room when he had gone to get the other sparklings, only to find that the room was empty. He'd found it slightly funny when he saw Jack and Miko flopped over his face and chest as he snored away on the med-berth.

"I'll admit I've had better" Optimus said as he finished stretching his strong arms, "What seems to be the problem with Miko?" He asked as he noticed the wiggling sparkling in the medic's arms.

"I'm not exactly sure why, but she won't stop scratching and rubbing at her back. She's going to hurt herself if she carries on, Bulkhead and the others have already tried distracting her but it hasn't worked. She needs a very strong distraction after I've given her some antihistamine additives and a sedative" he said as he tried to quieten Miko.

Optimus raised an optic ridge at Miko's strange behaviour, "Do you want me to take her while you prepare her medicine?"

Without hesitating, Ratchet placed Miko into Optimus' arms. The feel of her back pressing against the Prime's arms seemed to trigger something and she began crying loudly and squirming even more. She began kicking and pushing at Optimus' chest. Optimus tried to calm her but she only continued to wiggle. Soon she had big, fat tears pouring down her face and Optimus wore a confused expression on his face.

"Just rub her back for her, Optimus. It's obvious how uncomfortable her back is for her" Ratchet sighed.

Optimus nodded and brought the squirming and crying Miko up to his shoulder and laid her against it. She ceased her crying and struggling when she felt a massive hand begin to lightly massage her back. She laid her head against his shoulder and began to almost purr.

Ratchet nodded to Optimus as he finished fixing up the medicine and sedative he was going to inject into Miko. Optimus continued to stroke Miko's back to keep her calm as Ratchet approached.

"Hold her still, Optimus" Ratchet said quietly so he didn't upset the femling.

The medic wiped an anaesthetic against the back of Miko's neck before pressing the needle into her and injecting the antihistamine. That would hopefully stop her from scratching her back for a while. Miko whined as he began pulling the needle out and the medic knew he would have to be quick with the next injection otherwise the sparkling would begin to move too much. Optimus watched as Ratchet pressed the next needle into another place on Miko's neck and then as he administered the sedative before pulling it out.

Only a few seconds later, Miko's optics began to droop and Optimus shifted her so she was cradled close to his spark. Although she was rapidly falling asleep, Miko seemed intent on still putting up a fight and batted at Optimus' hand that had reached out to stroke her little helm. However the assault on his hand didn't last long as she ended up slowly pulling his hand towards her and began to nibble on his fingers as she fell into recharge. Optimus smiled, he really didn't mind that his hand would be covered in sparkling slobber.

"What do you want me to do with her?" He asked his medic.

"Whatever you want as long as she is recharging" Ratchet replied.

"I think I'll keep her with me for now then"

With that, Optimus began to walk out of the med-bay and into the main room. Ratchet smiled. Optimus really would've made a great father.