96

Quinn POV

Today's the day we graduate high school.

I thought I was ready for this moment, but now I'm regretting those thoughts because I'm not ready to be an adult and go to college.

I'm cleaning out the remainder of whatever is left in my locker, while trying to think positively about this current situation I'm in.

"Hey there." I hear a familiar voice say. I look beside me and see Harry leaning against the locker next to mine. He's wearing black slacks and a white button up shirt as well as black dress shoes. I smile at him and lean up to kiss his cheek.

"Hi," I say with a smile. "You look very handsome." I compliment my boyfriend with a grin.

"And you look very beautiful." Harry says while making eye contact with me. I'm wearing a white fitted dress and heels. The dress I like because it hugs my hips well and it's also not uncomfortable. I shut my now empty locker and stand up a bit straighter. Even in heels Harry still manages to be taller than me.

"Well, thank you." I reply back with a gentle grin.

We have a few more minutes before we have to go to the performing arts center to get in a line to walk. "I have a gift for you." Harry says while reaching into his pant pocket.

My eyebrows furrow my his words and I cross my arms around my body a little. I watch him pull out a small box. I look back up to Harry with semi wide eyes. "It's not an engagement ring, don't worry." He says which makes me laugh.

Harry opens the small black box and my eyes land on a beautiful diamond ring. "It's a promise ring," He tells me, which makes me awe. He takes it out of the box and slips it on my ring finger slowly. "I just want you to know that I will always support you and will always be there for you. I might not be able to be by your side, but no matter what you'll always have me to rely on, and I promise never to change that."

My eyes sting with tears by his words that mean the world to me. "I love you so much." I say to my boyfriend while wrapping my arms around his body. He hugs me back tightly and kiss my cheek.

"I love you too Quinn." He replies while gently stroking my lower back.

Our hug becomes interrupted by the loud speaker making an announcement stating we all need to go to the performing arts center now.

As Harry and I walk through the non crowded hallway, my eyes keep staring that ring he got me. It's very beautiful and is my favorite piece of jewelry by far. I just hope it wasn't mad expensive.

When we get to the place we were supposed to go to, we separate based on the order of our last names. Harry gives me a quick kiss before heading to the back. I walk to the front row and take my seat, waiting for this to be over with because my anxiety us through the roof.

***

I sit in my bedroom with Harry the following week

We're watching television and relaxing.

It's weird to think that in September I'm not going back to high school. I'm officially done with that place, and I have a bittersweet feeling about it.

It's still hard to wrap my mind around if I'm being honest.

My head rests on his chest as we watch That 70's Show. This series we started to watch together and we're currently on season three.

Harry decided to go to Temple for college, which took him a while to decide. He got some grant money and a lot of financial aid so he is able to attend Temple in the fall, which is nice considering his situation.

So, I'll be going there for two years, then we'll do long distance when I go to Harvard. I think this choice is good considering how rocky our relationship has been. I think making us strong then going our own ways will be good for the both of us.

"Did you want to go out to breakfast?" I ask Harry who has his eyes on the television.

"Hm, where were you thinking of going?" He asks me while playing with my hair. I smile by his playful actions and stretch out my limbs on my mattress.

"Diner?" I offer.

"Sounds swell," He says while leaning down and kissing me. "I know Alyssa likes their muffins so I'll get her one for later. Just remind me to ask for the banana and nut one, not just banana." Harry tells me.

"Will do." I hum sweetly.

We both get out of bed and put on appropriate clothes to go out to breakfast in. Meanwhile we make small talk, which is nice.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with Harry considering high school is over. I know he still has to work, but we can possibly spend more mornings together, which is nice.

We go downstairs and hear small chatter. My eyebrows furrow by the noise. My Father didn't say we were having company over this morning.

I walk into the kitchen, and land eyes on my Mother, which makes my blood boil. She's standing a good distance away from my Dad and they look to be having a small, awkward conversation. Her eyes soon glance over to me as well as my Fathers.

"What is she doing here?" I ask my Dad, ignoring her stare.

"I wanted to talk to you." My Mother answers.

"Well, I'm going out to breakfast. You can talk to me after." I say, not wanting to work with her schedule. I grab Harry's hand and leave the kitchen, rolling my eyes by her presence.

"You could've spoken to her. I'm not in a rush." Harry tells me as we get outside.

"I'm hungry, and I'd rather not spend my time on her. She can wait." I say while walking down to my car.

"Okay." Harry says, not pushing the topic thankfully.

I'm finally feeling happy, and I don't want her to ruin my mood with her "I'm sorry's" that don't mean anything. She's a shitty Mom who I don't want to have back in my life.

Harry grabs my hand which makes me glance over at him as I drive. He gives me a gentle smile, which eases my tenseness. "Thank you." I say to him with a soft smile.

"No need." He replies back while stroking his thumb over my knuckles.

I really need to stop letting her get to me this easily.

A://N

last chapter will most likely be up tomorrow unless i feel like publishing it tonight!!

comment goal: 50?

Thank you all so much for reading!

~lauren