92

Quinn POV

I sit in English class tapping my pencil against my desk as I take my test.

My eyes peer up from my answer sheet, and I find Harry's eyes on my paper. A few moments later he looks up at me, which makes his cheeks heat by how I caught him cheating.

I snicker a little and shake my head. I see his pencil scribble something in the desk he's seated in. I look up to see my teacher typing away on his computer, not focusing on us.

I look back to Harry then drop my eyes to the note written on his desk.

I didn't read the book, I've been busy

I back to Harry who just shrugs his shoulders. I move my paper closer towards the corner of the desk for him to read. He flashes me a warm grin and I return one back.

Sadly this is the most contact we've had in weeks.

***

I sit at the hill top with Harry beside me.

I wanted to speak to him for a while now but he's been busy with Alyssa and work, so it's hard to talk one on one, which I understand.

Since we've been sitting in his truck bed, just looking at the city, we haven't spoken, which defeats the purpose of everything really.

There's been times where I open my mouth to speak but no words come out because they're all lost.

"How are you?" Harry asks me. I glance over to the boy beside me then look back to the city.

"I'm okay, you?" I ask.

"I'm okay," He answers. "What did you uh, want to talk about?"

It's weird to think that one moment we're having sex in the school bathroom then the next moment we are barely speaking or touching at all. All in a matter of days we change, and it's scary. This whole situation is scary if I'm being honest.

"What are we exactly?" I ask, just getting to it.

He doesn't respond at first. He just itches his chin and leans back, thinking himself. His shoulders shrug and his eyes close a little. "I don't know." Harry answers.

"I know we've both have had things going on, and what happened between us on my birthday we never talked about." I being up. It's been nearly a month since that all happened.

"I don't have an excuse to why I said what I did on your birthday," He starts. "I wanted to make that day good for you, truly. I've had your gift since January and I was going to give you it at dinner. But then Destiny told me her cancer came back and I wasn't there for her the first time and I wanted to be there for her now. I just blanked out everything else without realizing it. I wasn't angry at you, you had every right to say what you did to me. I was just under a lot of stress, as usual, and took it out on you." Harry explains.

"You still never told me about her cancer in the first place." I bring up timidly.

Harry starts to explain to me everything.

He tells me what she moved because she had cancer, and that she was pregnant with their child when this all happened.

Hearing that part kind of broke my heart a little if I'm being honest.

He adds that she didn't want Harry to know because he would want to stay and help her through her treatment and chemo, but she wanted him to move on and be with someone who can give him a family.

As he goes into depth, I feel like shit for thinking rude things towards her.

While he spoke about the baby part, I saw the sadness go onto his face about the possible child he would've had. That made me feel sad because I know he would've been an amazing Dad.

After he explains everything to me, it falls silent between us. I let it sink in what he told me and all of it is unbelievable.

Now his younger sister has cancer and Destiny had it again.

I rest my hand on top of his and squeeze his hand tightly. I don't know what to say, so I don't speak.

"I didn't want to tell you at first because it still has sank in that I could've been a Dad right now." He says.

"I'm sorry." I say sincerely.

Harry gives me a weak smile and stares down at his lap. "I love you." I hear him say to me.

Those words make my heart rate increase and my stomach twist. I haven't heard them in a while, so it's refreshing.

"I love you too." I say back while resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry for not being the guy you deserve Quinn." Harry tells me. I feel his hand become sweaty against mine, which only makes my heart pinch.

"We all have our moments." I say.

"Don't make excuses for me," His tone is serious and we make eye contact. "I haven't been treating you right and it kills me because you deserve the world."

His fingers gently stroke mine soothingly. "You're acting like you're the worlds worst guy." I say.

"I'm not the worlds worst guy, but I'm not a good boyfriend," He says to me in a low voice. "Or I've been acting like it anyways."

"Whatever we go through, doesn't mean I don't want to be with you anymore." I admit.

"I yelled at you on your own birthday, Quinn." Harry brings up.

"I know but-" He cuts me off.

"There is no but," He tells me. "I should've been more focused on you no matter what was going on with me."

I remain silent and just keep my eyes on Harry who is scolding himself for what he did. "I'm not mad about that anymore." I say honestly.

"Why?" He asks. 

"Because I love you," I say to him seriously while making eye contact with him. "And I don't want to be without you." 

"You can do better than me." Harry says again to me. His hand detaches from mine, which makes me frown. I slip my hand onto my lap and bite my lower lip.

"So are you breaking up with me?" I ask. 

Harry looks over at me and shrugs his shoulders and tilts his head.

A://N

hola

comment goal: 50??? that would mean a lot :)

~lauren