Depression and old faces

A/N: Hi everyone, sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, I've been having a break but I'm back! I'd also like to thank you all for 426 reads!! I still can't believe it, you're all incredible. I really hope you're enjoying the book so far and I'd appreciate it if you voted and commented. Thank you again and on with the story.
————————————————————————————————-

(Maya's POV)

I woke up feeling like death, I didn't want to wake up and deal with the day so I just laid there staring up at the ceiling. I laid there for what felt like hours, until I heard a knock at the door. I got out of bed and opened the door, it was my mother, she came to check up on me and to tell me breakfast was ready.

Once she was gone, I went over to my wardrobe and grabbed a hoodie, t-shirt and some leggings and changed. When I was done changing, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair. I then went downstairs and sat down at the table. "Maya honey, how are you feeling?" My mother asked me. "I don't wanna talk about it" I said bluntly. I felt bad for being so moody towards her but I know she understands what i'm going through.

We sat eating in silence for about 10 minutes and then I was finished. I washed my plate before trudging back upstairs to my room. I sat on my bed and turned my TV on to watch some Netflix. I watched a few movies before. I walked out of my room and made my way to the kitchen, I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. I heard the front door open and someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned around and saw someone I hadn't seen in a long time. My brother, Tyler (played by Daniel Sharman). He moved to the UK when he was 18 and I haven't seen him in 3 years. My eyes began to water and I ran up to him, hugging him tightly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him through tears. "I came back to surprise you" he replies. "I missed you so much" I tell him. "Me too" He says before pulling away from the hug. "Where's mom?" He asked. "I'm not sure, I've been in my room all day" I say before laughing nervously. "How come?" He asks, "Just not feeling good" I lied. He nodded, he knew about the accident but he couldn't get here due to no flights being available so he understood. "Wanna watch some movies while we wait for mom to get home?" He asks, I nod and we make our way to the living room. We sit down on the couch and begin to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead mans chest.

After a few hours, the door opened and in came my mom. She walked in and looked at me before looking at Tyler. Her mouth opened slightly and she started crying, Tyler got up and greeted her with a tight hug. "Tyler what're you doing here?" She asked him through tears just as I did earlier on. "I came to surprise you both" He tells her. "I'm so happy to see you" She tells him. "Me too" He replied. "There's something I wanna talk to you both about" He says and we all sit down on the couch, me and my mom turned to face him. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing's wrong, I was just wondering if I could move back in with you guys?" He said. My mom and I both smile hugely before my mom nodded. He smiled back at us. "I do have to ask though, why do you want to come home?" My mom asked, "I miss you guys so much, I hate not being near you" He replies. We all continue to talk about memories and laugh.

We talked for hours before it was time for bed. We all got up from the couch and went upstairs to our rooms after saying goodnight to one another. I laid in bed and smiled to myself. I was so happy to have my brother back. And with that I fell asleep.