9

The next morning the two girls walked into school hand-in-hand.

The people around them started staring at them and whispering to whoever was next to them.

Jisoo looked around nervously.

She was about to let go of the younger girl's hand, but Jennie held her hand tighter.

Jisoo sighed and continued to walk down the hallway with her head down, trying her best to avoid looking at everyone around her.

A few minutes later, they both arrived at their first class. But they didn't go in, they just stood outside the door.

Jennie let go of Jisoo's hand and gently placed her hand on Jisoo's cheek.

"Hey," Jennie said, making Jisoo look up at her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Jisoo nodded. "I'm just not used to having all of the attention on me."

Jennie smiled sympathetically.

"I know it can be nerve-racking, but you'll be okay. I won't leave your side." Jennie said.

"Knowing that makes me feel a lot better." Jisoo replied.

"Good." Jennie smiled.

Jisoo returned the smile, then quickly leaned in and kissed Jennie's cheek.

"We should go inside now." Jisoo said once she pulled away.

The younger girl nodded then they both walked into the classroom.

"Hm, nobody's here yet." Jennie stated as she looked around the classroom.

Jisoo turned towards the younger girl and smiled.

"Perfect. That means I can do this," Jisoo said, placing her hands on Jennie's waist.

They both closed their eyes and leaned in, slowly bringing their lips together in a kiss.

Jennie smiled into the kiss as she cupped the older girl's face.

Jennie honestly could just kiss Jisoo all day. But she couldn't do that, because the teacher walked in, making them pull apart from each other quickly.

Jennie coughed awkwardly while Jisoo stared at the floor.

"Hello girls," The teacher greeted.

"Hello," Jennie spoke, since she knew Jisoo couldn't.

"Take your seats, please," The teacher instructed, pointing over to their usual seats.

Jennie nodded and quickly made her way to her seat, Jisoo following behind her.

"Do you think he saw us?" Jisoo whispered once she sat down.

"I don't think so." Jennie shook her head.

"Good." Jisoo sighed, relived.

"Why? Do you not want anyone to see us?" Jennie questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I-It's not that," Jisoo stuttered. "It's just... nobody really knows that I'm gay."

"Ah," Jennie nodded, understanding why Jisoo was so worried.

"The only person who knows is Lisa, and when rumors of us going around started I was scared, scared of what people would think of me." Jisoo admitted, tears starting to form in her eyes but she didn't let them fall.

She hated crying in front of people.

"Hey, it's okay," Jennie reassured her as she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We don't have to tell everyone that we're together if you're not ready for that."