Proposition Chapter 7

Celine is awaken by the sound of repeated presses of her door bell.

Celine "Who the hell is that!! she says groggily as she sits up she begs to hear heavy knocking coming from her front door, she looks over at the clock on her nightstand says 10:45am. She runs downstairs, peeps through her peep hole, and deactivate her alarm system. She opens the door "Mel what the fuck??"

Mel stands in the door way "You bitch!!"

Celine "Excuse me?"

Mel "Why the hell did you not tell me your special client was Prince? !!!" She throws the newspaper in Celine's face as she steps inside. Celine closes the door behind her.

Celine glances at the newspaper which highlights pictures from yesterday's charity event, her and Prince sitting at the table in the ball room "Oh no" she mumbles

Mel stares at her in curiosity "Why didn't you tell me?"

Celine "Mel I am sorry, I couldn't tell you"

Mel" Why is that?"

Celine "It's complicated"

Mel "Well it's out now, so what?"

Celine "Well not necessarily it doesn't mention my name, it just shows us at the table"

Mel "Celine come on, Prince is notorious for having beautiful women on his arm, their going to look at you as his date and you know it"

Celine "Maybe not"

Mel "Are you fucking him?"

Celine "No...no your probably shocked, but it's not like that with him"

Mel "Oh really, so what exactly is it like?"

Celine "Come on let's have a seat" The ladies take seats in the living room. "Mel he just needed me to accompany him to the event"

Mel "No not buying it, Celine it's me your friend"

Celine "I am telling you the truth"

Mel "Ok so....why you?, he seeks out an escort service for a date"

Celine "I know it's very strange, but true since he has been in town, I have only been assigned to him"

Mel "Whoa...."

Celine nods her head "Yeah"

Mel " It was rumored that he was involved with one of his protégés, is that not the case"

Celine "I am not so sure but he seems to have a unique bond with that Andy chick, he invited me to yoga with them today, I declined"

Mel "Hmmmm.....well what was the first date like?"

Celine "Very quiet and serene, we watched Andy perform at some lounge, he says she didn't know he was there we watched from a secluded room"

Mel "He hasn't made any passes at you?"

Celine "No it's been sort of like a friendship type connection, I don't really feel like I am at work with him"

Mel "How long is he here?"

Celine "Just a couple of more days, then he is headed back to Minnesota"

Mel "Has Kirk been around during your dates?"

Celine "Only on yesterday"

Phone rings

Celine "Hello"

Prince "Celine"

Celine "Hi"

Prince "What are you doing?"