Chapter 6: Proposal

"I don't want to!" Qin shouted back at her mother. She attempted to return to her bedroom only to be pulled by her mother.

"Don't be disobedient! You must go to temple and pray!" Her mother said harshly.

"Why should I pray for luck when nothing's good come my way?! I refuse to go anymore!" She exclaimed disrespectfully.

"Qin! How could you be say that?! What are we going to do if the God decided to punish you?" Her mother reprimanded furiously.

"I'm not going to the temple no matter what you say! They can't take me away as and when they like! I won't go!" Qin was determined that she won't step out of the house today.

The monsters from last night won't get to me as long as I'm not anywhere near the temple.

"Fine! Do as you like! I'm leaving without you!" Qin's mother was disappointed by her actions and left the house in a bad mood.

"You really wouldn't care for what might happen huh?" Her father was upset before he left for work.

She felt absolutely guilty and devastated for hurting her parents but she knew that no matter what, there's no running away from death.

Late afternoon, her parents had returned and Qin was shocked to find her father limping as her mother supported him.

"Don't just stand there! Give me a hand." Her mother cried and she rushed over.

"What happened father?" She questioned with concern.

They sat her father down on the chair and her mother explained. "He fell from the roof when attempting to fix it."

Her mother suddenly got agitated as she continued. "This is why I insisted for you to go praying with me! Look at what happened!"

Qin looked at the bandage on her father's leg and she was guilty. Her mother was true. She will really curse the people around her if she doesn't pay her respects to the God.

It hurts to see her beloved father in such a state.

"I'm sorry father...I didn't know that my stubbornness will bring you pain." She apologised.

"Qin, I know that you are upset about your break up but you shouldn't missed your prayers." Her father said.

Qin hesitated and debated if she should tell her parents about the incident last night. They might not believe her and call her crazy. But then again, they might believe her too.

"My dear parents, I must tell you about something that happened to me last night. While I was on the way home, I got lost in the forest."

"I heard a child crying and it was very weird because he had fox features and orange hair. I brought him to the temple because I thought perhaps the monks could help him."

"But in fact, this might sound ridiculous but he was from the Heavens. He was with a man he called 'Master'. That master wanted to kill me. He strangled me and I nearly couldn't breathe anymore."

Qin was shaking after she told the truth to her parents. They were in deep shock and tried to digest what they had just heard.

"I am very sure they were sent by the God to kill me. Habaek, I heard them calling the God that name."

Qin sniffed and wiped her tears away as she seeked help from her parents.

"Mother and father, what should I do? I'm scared that I might die before my 18th birthday..."

Her mother gave her a big hug when she saw how serious the situation was. She always thought that there's enough time for her daughter to find her husband. But she was wrong.