T h i r t y

Paige woke up with a start.

"Wake up! You slept through your alarm and already missed a full hour of your livestream for your classes!" Paige's mother yelled.

"But I'm in Canada..." Paige mumbled, confused of why she was in her room. What had Lucas done to her in Chipotle?

"Yeah, and I'm in Las Vegas. Now get up!" Her mom yelled sarcastically, louder this time.

Paige sat up, her stomach feeling sick...And then she realized.

It had all been a dream.

A very realistic dream, yes, but none of it was real. She groaned as she walked into the bathroom, washing her face and brushing her teeth. She felt a hot tear run down her cheek, but she wasn't sure why. It wasn't real, so why was she crying?

After fixing herself for the day she grabbed her phone, immediately clicking on the Instagram app. Her heart sunk as she saw that none of the posts from her dream were on Lucas's page.

Her last flicker of hope that the dream had been a reality had just died out.

*

Paige's day was mighty boring without anyone to talk to.

Of course, she had friends she could've contacted, but she didn't.

They weren't Lucas.

"Why did the dream seem so damn real?" She muttered, running her hands through her hair.

The day finally came to a close, Paige confused the whole way. She placed her phone on her bed and went downstairs to hug her mother and father and kiss them goodnight.

"I hope you feel better, you seemed a bit dazed today." Her mother announced with a soft smile.

"Weird dream." Paige muttered, heading for the stairs.

"I'm here for you if you need to talk." Her mother called after her. Paige only nodded and walked back up the stairs. She crawled under her covers and placed her phone on her nightstand.

Just as Paige was starting to fall asleep, her phone lit up, waking her up immediately. She grabbed it from the small table that resided next to her bed and almost choked at the sight.

"Instagram: @LucasJZumann has started following you."